• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to find Hooded Merganser decoys

I've done some searching on the internet and it doesn't seem like there are any Hooded Merganser decoys. Do people how use decoys on Hooded Mergansers? I'm not actually going to be hunting them, I'm interested in photographing some. I've checked Cabelas, Gander and [PoorWordUsage] and nobody seems to carry them. What am I missing here?

I don't know that I'd get worked up about it? It's been my experience that they will decoy into about anything including Pink Flamingo decoys smile

I'd just use some Blue Bill dekes, or paint some old Bills to closer match.

I have seen some old Mason Hoods, but they may be a little spendy for practice....

knutsons deocoys have all kinds of decoys on their site. They have common merges, but not hoody's. They also have some song birds, baby ducklings, even a rooster pheasant....kind of cool!

Brian