• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

injection service

Wondering if anyone has had fuel injection service done to their vehicle. Seems like all garages even walmart offer this service at a wide range of prices. It sounds like the process is all the same, just the product used is different. Is this worth the money? Or is using sea foam or other like additives do the samething? To me it just seems like another way to waste money on an expensive service that I could do by buying stuff off the shelf and stick it in the tank.

I have been a believer in the pressurized service for injectors done at the shadier valve on the fuel rail. I have also been told the gas tank treatments are good as well.

I will also add, I have never heard of any injector being replaced because of it being clogged wink.

That could just be me though. grin

Check out AMSOIL Performance Improver gasoline additive. It is the strongest cleaner/additive product on the market today. It is so good that AMSOIL guarantees you to get a fuel economy increase! Cleans injectors, carbon, emission sensors, improves performance and increases fuel economy. At $10.50 to treat a 20 gallon tank once every 4000 miles it is a very cheap alternative.

just a word of advise be sure not to use any cleaners near the mass air flow sensor as it could ruin the protective coating. where i work our fuel injection cost around 130 includes tank treatment,intake cleaner, and tank treatment. i have recommended and use sea foam in my vehichles and atv (seems to improve the milage and run better) hope i was helpful

My Sub won't run without the intake system fully connected. How do you fool the sensors so that you spray the upper throttle body and components?

Clean the throttle body with engine off. Or you can unplug the MAF if you want to spray with it running. Otherwise you can use a top end cleaner by removing a vacuum hose (the one that goes to the brake booster or to the PCV are the two common ones). Start the vehicle, remove the hose, pinch off slightly, slowly poor in the cleaner (do this with a fully warmed engine). Use about half in this way then poor in the rest fast enough to stall the engine. Let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes and then restart. Enjoy the smoke screen and hope your neighbors don't call the fire department!