Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonehunting

Otter Lodge Poles Sticking

8 posts in this topic

As with many of these topics I know this one has been talked about before. I just cannot find the posts that talk about it. I have an otter lodge portable with the square poles. Looking for a solution to make them slide a little easier. I should mention they are otter's first design of square poles. I want something that will not make a mess or leave marks all over my tarp. I believe someone mentioned liquid graphite or teflon spray. Please point me to the posts or give me your ideas. I have checked and there are no metal burrs exposed that would cause problems.

Silicone spray. Works great, and a little goes a long way. Wipe off the access.

I use an old candle and rub poles down, it works for Fishtrap poles.

Silicone spray as already suggested. I threw some WD40 on there a few months ago and she set's up like a dream.

I had the same issues with the center set of poles in my resort. It started as one side of it sticking then the other, I undid the velcro and the screws holding it at the pivot point and removed the whole piece, layed it on a table and found that there was a slight bend to both parts that slide out. bent them straight and lubed with silicone spray and reinstaled to find no problems.

I agree, Make sure there straight otherwise lubing them will not help. I use silicone spray as well. There's a 1,001 uses for it!

A little car wax/polish works pretty well and doesn't seem to leave much of a mess if you use a bit too much. I've used the paste that comes in a can rather than the liquid.

A ceiling fan (such as a tent or somputer fan) has seemed to help this alot for a fish trap voyager. Keeps the air moving and circulating which helps the poles from freezing