• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Confidence Shot

Tannor396

Here we are again, days before another opener and I am questioning the accuracy of my muzzleloader. It has been almost 6 months since I have shot / sighted it in.

What are the laws on setting a target out and making sure things are still good days before the season start?

I not excited about making extra noise in the woods right before the season starts but a bad placement shot in my mind is worse. Only one shot.

If you don't believe its spot on, do yourself and the animal you are hunting a favor and get it sighted in. This is the kind of stuff that PETA loves seeing wounded animals running around with a leg blown off.

One shot will hurt nothing. Go for it.

Yes but be careful or check with your local CO. I was "reminded" of this law a few years back. Something about so many days before the season on public land etc etc. I just try to do it before hand if possible or take it to a range if you have one close by.

your not supposed to shoot firearms for 5 days before the opener....not sure the laws on the muzzloader but i know forsure you can't shoot for 5 days before gun opener...i'd just call DNR and ask them.

but yeah you should definatly shoot your weapon before you go and hunt...it would be pretty lame of you to wound a deer because you didn't know where your gun was shooting...it just sucks to sit there and wonder where your gun is shooting...you'll never forgive yourself if you miss a nice deer anyway.