Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnhunter2

Best deal on Marcum LX5?

12 posts in this topic

The best deal on a new LX5 is the fact that we get to own them!!

I understand that the 2009 models have a few upgrades ... If that is correct, you would think you could find someone with last years model that is selling them for a discount since it does not have the upgrades. Not sure where though.

Also, If you buy from Gander,I think they still give you a 10% discount on your purchase if you sign up for their Store credit cards. That is about a $55 savings. I'm sure their will be a bunch of sales this weekend ... so be sure to watch the news paper adds.

I understand that the 2009 models have a few upgrades ... If that is correct, you would think you could find someone with last years model that is selling them for a discount since it does not have the upgrades.

Gander was selling LX-5's last March for $399. I believe most places sold out completely of the old stock.

Wait a until the sales or the St Paul ice fishing show Dec 5-7. Thorne Bros and Gander are both having Thanksgiving sales and TB is having a sale on everything in the store..

Check those out.

Ryan

My FL-8 was new in 1983, still using it, just replaced transducers. Last year I started using my Lowrance X-19, then later purchased a 522, now thinking of getting a LX-5.

I just ordered one Dave, I can't wait to get it. Hopefully it will be here before my trip up north next weekend. All of the information on here in the various posts sold me on finally taking the plunge grin

It seems the only marcum flasher that gander will be carrying is the vx-1 I was there on wed. and they told me no more lx-3 or lx-5 kinda bumbed me out probably not making enough on them. Seems they replaced them with the hummingbirds

Dave has some of the best service in the industry and his shipping is fast.I ordered a GPS unit and chip from him,and he emailed me to tell me that he didn't have the chip I wanted on hand but that it was on the way to him.He didn't have to to do this,but that's the kind of service he has.

Stork, I think I saw them at Mike's Bait on 8 in Forest Lake. It is close to Scandia if your looking to pick one up.