• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got a big buddy?

KG243

I also just bought a Big Buddy heater at Menards yesterday. Menards didn't have the correct hose so I bought it at Fleet. I got the 12 foot hose with the quick connect on the end that hooks up to the heater and the other end has the regulator thingy. If you use this system, not only is it probably faster/easier to hook up, but no filter is needed. It was an additional 32.00 dollars

Cliffy

The techs at Mr. Heater explained to me that the quick disconnect allows the pressure to be released from the line upon disconnect, so the likelihood of the hose slowly deteriorating in the inside causing fragments to find there way into the control valve is far less of an issue.

This is the main concern with other non filtered bulk hoses, line or rusty tank contamination. The quick disconnect will no keep rust out, so use a good clean tank.

If you are using a quick disconnect and a Mr. Heater Buddy hose and regulator, and using a good clean propane tank, your good to go.

This is from the Mr Heater HSOforum. It is listed under the accessories for the Big buddy. If not buying a hose with a regulator, they recommend using a filter.

"F271803 - Quick coupler & regulator no filter needed "

I have used my Big Buddy for 2 years w/o a filter and no problems. I was at Fleet Farm the other day and they have the filters for $7.99. After reading various post over the years I figured that $7.99 is not a bad investment for piece of mind out in the cold. The filter screws into the Big Buddy where the hose connects and you can still shut the little door and run the hose out the bottom.

Riverside - I used a reconditioned little buddy for 3 years with no issues. Upgraded to a reconditioned big buddy this year. Ran it in the garage for a while to test it out and no issues at all. I run the black hose and separate filter on both. Like someone else said, $10 for a filter isn't bad for peace of mind.

Riverside - I used a reconditioned little buddy for 3 years with no issues. Upgraded to a reconditioned big buddy this year. Ran it in the garage for a while to test it out and no issues at all. I run the black hose and separate filter on both. Like someone else said, $10 for a filter isn't bad for peace of mind.

I have the same set-up and have not had any problems with the reconditioned Big Buddy unit I purchased last year......and like stated $7-$11 for the filter for the year is pretty much a no brainer!!