Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Hammer

O'Dowds ice fishing/skiing

3 posts in this topic

A couple of days ago my wife was on her way home and she drove past O'Dowds in Shakopee and there was a portable ice house out there and on the open water there was a boat water skiing.

I asked if she got photos of it, but she didn't have her camera.

What a sight to see. I probably wouldn't be doing either right now especially water skiing.

Ya is was out there that day and seen it! i live in shakopee and was wondering to myself who the seal fools were the fishermen or the skiers? Anways the ice on the lake is not very safe maybe 2 inches if your lucky but if your looking to fish in the metro asap i was on red rock lake in eden praire today tip up fishing and there was roughly 4 inches of ice

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I have a little can of lock deicer taped to the gas tank under my tank cover. I haven't had to use it for the lock, but did use it the other weekend when the latch froze up.
    • Because they didn't need to. President Obama was totally open to the press corps and never threatened to "throw them out of the White House". President Obama never refused to take a question from a legitimate and credentialed reporter and told the reporter he represents "fake news". And of course President Obama would never think of ridiculing a reporter who suffered a serious physical problem. We are moving from an erudite, articulate and thoughtful man,  sensitive to others, to an inarticulate baboon who cannot put more than 140 words together at one time. The Donald is going to destroy the Republican Party.   Remember I said this and on this date. I won't need to say it again.
    • we dont remember asking you!!!!!!!!
    • Have to admit, I was expecting a different conversation based on the subject line of this thread!   Would it work to have a hole in 3 corners, with the guys grouped toward the center  with their backs to each other? Assuming your hub has 2 doors, that would allow people to get in/out without too much hassle.   I'm also assuming if you're currently fitting three people in a three person hub, you're keeping things rather scaled down. I have a three-man, but once I get chairs, a heater, minnow bucket, etc. in there it's really a 2-man.  
    • Well Walleyehooker, you may be in luck, because after 5 days of this warm weather it may take a week or two of cold and snow to just get back to point zero on the trails anyway! So you maybe back by then.
    • A 26 incher from a couple weeks ago.  Fattie too.
    • Great pics!  Thanks for the update!  I'm headed up this weekend and hope to get on 'em.  I'll report back next week with my findings.
    • Oh c'mon you guys they all say 60 Db, ya right! You'd have to be nuts to spend double just cause it says Honda or Yamaha on it.
    • Taking fish from our non-sustainable lakes to consume???!?!?!?!!!  *GASP* O MY GOD....  
    • This has worked best for me. I can have better access to the door for all and a good spot for the heater.
  • Our Sponsors