Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dusty

lost blind ?

16 posts in this topic

I purchased a ground blind from a guy I know, today. After getting it home and looking at it, I realilzed that it may have been forgotten or lost at a parking spot. I paid $25 for it but I think it is worth more.

If anyone lost/forgot one at a parking spot and can describe the blind and a item that was left inside it I will return it for what I paid for it.

If I guess right can I get the blind for half price? I bet it was a parking stub left in the blind.

Just giving you a little hassle if indeed it was found you are doing a good thing. Hans

No, I don't think it was swiped from somewhere but it may have been left behind by the owner and picked up by the guy I bought it from. When I opened the thing I found a drink container which leads me to think that someone had been using it. The place the guy hunts has parking spots. I am just guessing.

I thought that maybe he was gonna say when he opened it up a "20 inch box fan" came running out of it. I think that the last time that fan was seen it was in a parking lot. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

You don't mean the one that was missing a blade but had 2 stickers on it, do you? By the way, that post was written at a 3rd graders level, this is closer to Differential Equations.

Don't feel too bad. That particular 20" box fan has a long and storied past on the "Free Things Only" forum, and really has nothing to do with this blind.

Wow, I sure wish I hadn't tried to return this blind to its rightful owner. In fact I won't.

I'm sorry Dusty, I commend you for trying to find the rightful owner. It just seems funny that there is no mention of a general area it was "found" in, and the fact that you bought a potentially hot item (it wasn't his to take and sell if he indeed found it in a parking lot) and are looking to sell it back to the original owner. Instead, you could get your buddy to buy it back from you and let him deal with it or just give it back to the original owner if he contacts you. I very well could be wrong, though. I have been before.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Seasons On The Stream
        Alpha trout at head of feed lane. Maybe in fast broken water Subordinates all over hole but not close to alpha. Cast into top most part of fast funnel. Alpha waiting part way down the skinny feed funnel. Best to hit fast water to hide the splash. When wading, wake control a large factor here. Stay out of water if you can. Make first cast count or will get only dinks in this hole.

Bigger trout from area wintering at bottom of slow water near the fast water. Not in fast water. Subordinates chased out of hole by bigger trout. Best to hit fast water to hide the splash. Cast into top of feed funnel and slow retrieve so presentation will get down to trout sitting on bottom just back from the end of the fast water.

Trout extra wary on sunny no vegetation winter outing. Don't slap hole with line. Stay out of the water when attacking hole. Will be a one fish "only" hole due to water clarity and zero vegetation in hole. Any smart fish will spook when one is battled and drug through this clear non-vegetated hole.
    • Good question, why didn't they find any more?  Did those two infected deer parachute in?  Were they dropped by a helicopter?  I find it fascinating they could get as far as Lanesboro and they only find two out of thousands.  Like I said, they're bad at conspiracy.    Policing the borders?  How about a billboard, a radio ad, or a twitter campaign?  How about having the highway patrol pull over anyone with hooves or antlers sticking outta their truck box or laying on a flatbed coming across the border on the interstate?    My wealth and land ownership shouldn't disqualify me from questioning the DNR.  It used to be a staple of a free country to question your government.  Somehow now it's more important to kneel before the all knowing DNR and take whatever they want to shove in our mouths?  If this is real science and a real mitigation effort, let's have a discussion about it.  If the DNR wants to stop this spread, why are they not welcoming with open arms feedback like mine when it comes to import enforcement, and an effective PR campaign?  Cause guess what fella, lots of deer got hauled home from all kinds of places infected with CWD by uninformed folks that are going to cut up those critters and throw the brains and spinal cords out in the woods at home.    So yeah, this is either a giant hoax, or the DNR has no idea what the hell they're doing. 
    • I just checked on the fans that I bought, there 4.7 inchs sq and 1.25 thick. I thought they were 5 inch thick but I was wrong. They are 110v and I think I will put one inside on the bottom plate and see how it works. And I like where you have your fishingstar.
    • Slowly getting the outside buttoned up 
    • Yea I had that idea too 
    • I saw three or four huts in the little wet area in the lake vadnais area just off country road F.   But they would probably get upset if you set traps there...    right next to the new path that goes south along the east side of the lake. 
    • In the olden days, pigs were fed garbage.  Trichinosis was a problem.  Then laws were passed so any garbage fed to pigs had to be cooked first.  Problem went away.   According to CDC there hasn't been a case of trichinosis except from eating wild game like bear meat for many years.  
    • From a quick google search it looks like waveinn.com or the bay of e might be your best bets, if you don't want to buy from shimano.
  • Our Sponsors