• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Would like information from the Alexandria area.

I was just curious if many have been seeing or hearing coyotes and fox in the immediate area. If anyone has problems with the overpopulation of these predators on their land go ahead and shoot me an email to [email protected] and we will do our best (2 guys) to take care of them. We do not use dogs, it is mostly calling, and some sit and stalk, we are very responsible and check in before and after each hunt.

Thank you

walleyeguy32

i am from rochester mn however all of my dads family lives in osakis i too love yote hunting and have some land to hunt up there however my calling is not quite up to par yet...i plan to take a trip and hunt a few days up there this winter if your lookin for some land to hunt maybe we could meet up and you could kinda show me how ya do it...kinda swap lessons for land?

shoot me and email if your interested

[email protected]

alright sweet and ya that would be good i have a few buddies that wound be there too so we might have to send a few to another location.... i dont know when i will make it up there.. really busy with work school and hockey but i have your email and will try to plan something when i can make time

if you come up here you should get here before christmas. theres a group of 15-20 guy that surround a section and drive it with people and dogs and run the coyotes out and the standers on the gravel roads blast the heck out of them. they claim they got around 150 of them last year by osakis. i'm sure its an exageration but its their style of hunting, it makes it hard for guys like me who try to call them in. theres also another large group by parkers prarie who hunt the same way. both groups usually start about christmas or when theres snow.

Yep, I have heard of the Osakis boys! Also heard they trespass quite often. Some farmers in the area (specifically by the Forada swamp) said they are going to keep a keen eye out this year and turn them in if they or their dogs step foot on their land! It makes it alot more difficult for the real sportsmen to get out and get a coyote when they are all educated the easy way. Doesn't take a whole lot for them to let their dogs out to push the whole section, (whether they have permission on certaqin parcels of land or not) and have a coyote run their way while posted on the road or legally in the ditch. I have seen them in action from a distance. Hopefully if there is one of the Osakis boys reading this, they take fair warning about people watching them, including myself. Not to mention the local game warden has been notified of their wrongdoings.