Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toughguy

18 posts in this topic

It's worse when you have out-of-towners coming and then you have to coordinate the airport pick-up and drop-off. (Thank god I don't have a Van anymore:) I'm there with you...looking forward to Friday! Just me, a ladder and some christmas lights!!!!

Unfortunately for me this year things are not as good. It has become a tradition that my brother-in-law and his family comes here for Thanksgiving. We've always looked forward to it. For me, it was an opportunity to do some pheasant hunting together. Okay, he has a good setter in Jake too and I don't have a hunting dog. Oh well, guess it'll just be me with our mut this year. Actually for a cross-breed of who knows what and no training she doesn't do just too bad when it's just the two of us.

Going to be quiet around here this year.

Bob

I'm from a big family and we all get together. I'm the best looking one out of all of them and they've accepted that by now. Nothing left to fight over.

One of our dogs has a litter of puppies that is a week old. That is keeping us home this year. My parents are coming up to see their grand daughter and the new pups. I am deep frying a turkey. It will be a pretty mellow Thanksgiving at our house. Thursday night I think I will tinker with my ice fishing gear. It will be a good day.

I will be listening the WELY 08:30 in the morning to hear what the clues are for the sale at Red Rock Friday morning. Friday I will be going to Red Rock for my kind of Black Friday shopping grin

For the first time in 12 years, we're not going anywhere and no one is coming here.

YESSSSS! gringringrin

Yep it is just the wife, the dog and I. The real nice thing is being it is just us, we are treating ourselves to Steak and Lobster for Thanksgiving Dinner grinwink

We always had loners,no family people over this is our second year by ourselves,We like it altho we invited some over for dessert.

I'm not as vain as surface,but with my hair combed and the eggyolk out of my beard I'll bet I'm better lookin

Oh ya happy thanksgiving everyone & Good eats!

My Mom cooks Thanksgiving dinner every year - she's 80 now and still won't let us go out for dinner! It'll be Mom, my 2 brothers, a sis-in-law, myself and hubby and the Basset.

My Dad loved the day - football, peach cobbler he made outdoors in a cast-iron dutch oven then putting up the Xmas decorations. Dad's been gone for 6 years as of October.

We should all take time to appreciate what we have and think about those that have family and friends in the service, family and friends that are too far away or those that just aren't around anymore.

Be Thankful - the best things in life aren't things.

LET IT SNOW

let it snow -

I couldn't agree with you more. The highlight of my day will be watching my parents interact with their precocious, two-year-old granddaughter (my daughter).

I enjoy having all of the commotion for 1 day a year. We have started splitting up the holidays to different siblings' houses, and my wife and I ended up with Thanksgiving. My parents, 2 sister's families, and another sister so we have a grand total of 9 adults and 6 kids. We cover the turkey, potatoes, and stuffing, and dole out the rest of the meal to the rest of the family. Wine, beer, and other libations are all covered by everyone also. There tends to be a topic discussed TO DEATH every year, and I think this year it's going to be "Vaccines and Autism". It gets heated, but never to the point of disrupting the family dynamic.

The table keeps getting smaller, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now Christmas; that's a whole other story! We have 5 separate Christmas's to go to in a 4 day rush. Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

It's driving me nuts why the best cook in my family (dad) isn't cooking...and leaving it to the worest cooks in the family. I guess he's getting lazy with age.

No one is my age in my extended family, and my fiance is still 5k miles away...

Everyone sit around the table and discuss how fat i am -_-

I'm going fishing.

my family has become even more dysfunctional this year. I have 2 siblings that have vowed that if the other shows, they're not coming. So neither is going to show.

This year it will be my parents, my wife and kids + a friend of my sons who couldn't get home this weekend and the younger of my two brothers.

Have a great Holiday Season everyone and drive safe.

my family has become even more dysfunctional this year. I have 2 siblings that have vowed that if the other shows, they're not coming. So neither is going to show.

This year it will be my parents, my wife and kids + a friend of my sons who couldn't get home this weekend and the younger of my two brothers.

It's so dissappointing to hear stories about sibling rivalry. Coming from a family with 6 brothers and sisters, I can't imaging not getting along with them. We had to. We grew up in a 960 square foot home. I've often wondered if part of the reason we hear so much about this is due to the smaller family group. We aren't required to learn how to work together, play together, and live together like we once did.

Hope your time goes well for you and your family.

Bob

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM

It's so dissappointing to hear stories about sibling rivalry. Coming from a family with 6 brothers and sisters, I can't imaging not getting along with them. We had to. We grew up in a 960 square foot home. I've often wondered if part of the reason we hear so much about this is due to the smaller family group. We aren't required to learn how to work together, play together, and live together like we once did.

Hope your time goes well for you and your family.

Bob

Parents that actually guide their kids into adulthood helps. That and some people don't get along with others for any length of time. My sister has been unwilling to talk to me for about 3 years now, all started over a petty issue that I didn't agree with her on. So any family function that I am at she misses out on. Whatcha gonna do?