• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX5 or LX3

mnhunter2

I think the answer depends on the term "trade up." The new LX-5 has a power boost and Auto-Tune Technology, so it might tip the scales in terms of your decision. If you're talking about a used one, the dual-beam ducer and SuperFineLine will be a definite upgrade.

Steep drop-offs, several flashers in the same hard-side, and fishing in heavy cover are all good reasons to upgrade.....amongst others. I don't think you can go wrong, but much depends on the price and your current situation!

Joel

I have an LX-5 snd an LX-3. I got the LX-5 first, then the LX-3. Both are great units, but I'm thinking about getting another LX-5 to replace the LX-3. I like the narrower beam for deep water or near other flashers, and I like the super-fine line feature to really getting some great target seperation.

If you want to compare these flashers you can do it at Flashers At Pro Fishing Supply

Keep the LX3 and buy the LX5. It is really nice having a spare. Especially if you fish with friend/family that doesn't have one - they can use your spare instead of your own. Use to happen to me (giving mine up)... sucked not having the flasher.

I had the LX-3 sent it in for the upgrade loved the lx-3 but sold it and got the lx-5 trying to stay on top of the technology before it passes me buy and my old flasher is worth nothing. Try to buy up every two years or so.