• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deadliest Catch

bassNspear

Pulmonary embolism is a tough thing to survive. I'm pulling for him too. If death staring you in the eyes does not induce some changes, nothing will. I'm afraid Phil won't make it 2 more years if he doesn't change.

Looking forward to the crabbing aspect of the show though. I thought I heard there were lots of violent storms for this season. Crazy what those guys do every day they are out there.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was well worth the wait to have the show start again this year. Sad to see that phil is not on the boat for the start of the crab season. I hope he can get back out there and help the kids and the boat get on there a game again.

Looks like John and Andy have the Time Bandit rippen heads off from the start. Went to there spot from last year, and are just loading up the boat like a champ.

Wizard is in trouble if there captain is going down with the head damage from diving under the boat last night. I hope he will be ok and can keep fishing! Doesnt look good.

Looks to be a great season for watching. Had a little tear in the eye about Phil very sad. Looks like all those guys spent a boat load of money in the offseason on there boat. I like the flour bath they gave that guy on the Time Bandit I think that was Mark. The wizard isn't start out to good either. I looks the someone isn't going to make it back alive this season.

I thought it was the best season opener they've had. The show was great. Showed a couple of things they hadn't shown before.

I was geeked to see Phil back on the show. Then I was real hurt for him to see he had to leave the ship. I've really grown to like the guy and hate to see this happen to him. I hope his crew does well. I think that over-shadowed the fact that his spoiled kids lost the bait bags.

Time Bandit is on the crab already. Just moved two miles from where they set up last year. The Hillstrands are great characters on the show. They really know how to have fun, but at the same time are serious when needed. I loved the water dumping on the crewman tying up the pods.

It was great to see Sig bight the head off the herring. He's a hard nosed captain, probably the hardest in the fleet, but he does value his crew and will do what it takes to get thwir spirits up when needed.

What do you say about Wizard, poor guy is going broke. No money left and he's not on the crab. Then he starts loosing pods, guy can't catch a breat. I can't believe the cahona's on the guy to go diving into berring sea that far out from port and in five foot swells. I really hope his head is OK, he looked pretty hurt.

So far the season is great, only complaint is that it left me hungry for more.

I agree. The best season premiere yet. The previews they showed for the rest of the season look great too. It looked like they're foreshadowing some more trouble for the Wizard crew. I hope everyone makes it through the season alright. What a great show.

i hope so. the guy belongs on the boat. maybe if he would stop smoking, then he would be able to get better and be ok to fish.

i was thinking about this yesterday, how many cartoons of smokes to do you they bring on the boat!

Looks like a boat might go down on tommorrow nights show??? That really sucks. I know it makes for a good show, but it just brakes my heart to see this..I would much rather see the fun loving stuff but I know its all part of the job.I hope nobody gets hurt.

With that said, I wonder if Phil might be back for the Opilieo season. Not sure on the spelling of opie's LOL grin

Yeah I don't know how to feel about being excited to watch it.

One of those trainwreck deals I guess.

Something tells me though if it was as bad as they are making it out to be, it would have been on the national news when it actually happened, especially if it happened to any of the featured crew members.

I hope no one is hurt, don't want to see any of those guys get hurt.

You might not want anyone to get hurt, but you have to admit; it makes for good TV when they do! Remember; it is the most dangerous job out there, and one of the reasons we tune in. That being said, I hope he is alright; that did not look like a simple goose egg on the old noggin. Where was Moi (last year's greenhorn) when you needed him? His thick skull could have taken that hit, and probably dented the hull!

Maybe Phil will be back for Opelio Season. I wish the best for the guy.

From everything I have read on the CM HSOforum, Phil was out for the entire season, both Opies and Red crab. frown Stinks to, the interaction between him and his kids was always very entertaining.

From the interviews given from the sports show, sounds like they lose 14 guys out of Dutch Harbor this season. Never have heard what percentage of the boats they are filming. Guessing pretty low. 1 in 20 maybe?

Just watched the new one! That has to be the worst feeling in the world having a boat go down. Does anybody think there is any survivors? I personally think that they wouldn't be able to survive that many hours even if they were in suits. Sad thing to see though.