• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deadliest Catch

bassNspear

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 14th the fifth season is to debut. Fourteen fisherman died during that crab fishing season. frown One guy on the boat "Seabrook" had a line wrap around his leg and was pulled over.

Oh man that had to be awful, didn't that almost happen on one of the earlier seasons shows and Edgar got the knife out in time before the guy went over?

Have to rub this in a little bit here guys but I got the chance to go fishing with Phil Harris down in Mexico a few months back. Real cool guy. Hope I posted the pics right. (Click to see bigger pics)

th_Jeremystrip013.jpg

th_Jeremystrip015.jpg

th_Jeremystrip014-1.jpg

th_Jeremystrip016.jpg

th_Jeremystrip017.jpg

Wasn't Sig and Co. into the creamed Cod?

I think some of the appeal in the show is that the boss is still the boss. No H.R. Dept to deal with. This is the way it is and if you don't like it - there's the door.

Have to rub this in a little bit here guys but I got the chance to go fishing with Phil Harris down in Mexico a few months back. Real cool guy. Hope I posted the pics right. (Click to see bigger pics)

th_Jeremystrip013.jpg

th_Jeremystrip015.jpg

th_Jeremystrip014-1.jpg

th_Jeremystrip016.jpg

th_Jeremystrip017.jpg

How did you score a trip with him?

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
Originally Posted By: Rippinlip
Can't wait for Phil and the boys of the almost Frozen water.

should be good. Starts in a few days boys and girls!

I am actually a young man... not a boy laugh haha

Well young man get ready to live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! April 14th Tuesday is the day... I'm not sure I can wait. My wife is really hating me right now. I told her if there is any trouble at the house on tuesday to call her Dad cuz I WILL BE BUSY!! gringrinI guess us MN guys and gals can't let go of the cold weather just yet.

Can't wait either. I have it on my Tivo list, so I've been going back and watching some old episodes from way back in 2005. It's kind of cool to see some of the boats/crews that used to be on there but have since left the show.

The thing that always amazes me is how one boat can be on the crab and another boat is only 1/2 mile away and getting skunked. I thought finding fish in Minnesota lakes can be challenging at times. I couldn't imagine finding crab in the Bering Sea, or the handling the stress that would go along with it, with their whole livelihood depending on them finding that crab. They all get a lot of respect from me.

Is Phil coming back for sure? They left it kind of hanging after last season.

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
isnt that crazy the equipment they go through on a show like this?

Yea, it's nuts. Think of the money it costs to put this show on.

Quote:
The thing that always amazes me is how one boat can be on the crab and another boat is only 1/2 mile away and getting skunked. I thought finding fish in Minnesota lakes can be challenging at times. I couldn't imagine finding crab in the Bering Sea, or the handling the stress that would go along with it, with their whole livelihood depending on them finding that crab. They all get a lot of respect from me.

grin Ever been fishing and the guy in the boat next to you is killing 'em and you get skunked? shocked

Yep and vice versa wink