• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A little early for...sheds?

rowdyf

A guy at our camp was out hunting on the 22nd and picked this up. It's obviously fresh, but it sure seems early. I did chase one BIG bull out of another area that had paddles bigger than this. Can't wait to go back and look for them!

Anyone else find sheds this early?

img0612mz0.jpg

img0615mc3.jpg

Wow! Nice shed! Ive heard of a few moose paddles being scooped up now since about the 12th of Nov. Its early but it happens.... obviously! smile

I imagine it will be around Christmas time and some whitetail sheds will start to show up. Last year I found a set on the 27th.

I cant wait!

Sheds are crazy, I've been after them since 1983 and in my area they shed extremely late, not all but most it seems. I had 5 bucks last Valentines day in our corn field all with full racks. I start looking around March 15th till the end of March. The majority in my area shed in March, not sure why, it's just over 25 years that is the norm. Seems like though the tougher the winter the earlier I start to see them or notice bucks in our field without them. Pretty cool to see a moose shed, thanks for sharing.