• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wii Outdoor Games

bonefish

It's official. The family is getting a Wii for Christmas (actually it's my wife that REALLY wants it). I need something to play after the kids are in bed. I've seen some bad reviews on the Rapala fishing game. Are any of the other Fishing/hunting games any good? I've seen a few in the Cabelas catalog, has anyone tried them?

I've seen a Wii hunting game at Fleet for pretty cheap. You should check out Wii Play. There's plenty to keep you interested. Santa is bringing my kid Ski, Music and another Points card. We didn't give up the N64 but he seems to get more fun out of the download versions that are among the few available. And, just sayin', don't give up on the old systems as there's plenty of long-term investment value there although you'll never get all you have into them.

We've also added the LAN adapter so that he can play worldwide on the Goreweb, which is like adding another level to the games you have or rent.

OK Gang,

I just picked up a Wii bundle on Black Friday. I got the system with 3 controller, 3 nunchucks and 3 games. Wii sports is OK, King of Clubs is not so hot, yet, and Mario Sluggers takes some getting used to. We have only been playing for a few hours.

Give me some suggestions on a fishing game. Let's hear some reviews of why you like or dislike the game you have or have played.

Also, what is up with this Wii points thing, how does that work. My 25 year old son is pretty computer savvy and he hooked our system up to our wireless network in our house so we can go on line to get things, I guess. Can you check your email and things like that from the big screen TV thru the Wii?

All suggestions are welcome as I am a newbie ( but I have already had bowling games of 200 plus several times!

Windy

you should be able to check your email if you have the internet program. it just doesnt play videos and some other things, but i believe i could check my email. havent used it in about 8 mos. if you want a really cool game for multiple people, definitely look into super smash bros. brawl.it is fun for hours if you are playing with 2-4 players. good for all ages too.

Rapala tournament fishing is a decent wii fishing game. Its pretty fun to play and actually do the casting motion and set the hook on the fish instead of just pushing buttons. However, its hard to play that now when i got call of duty on the 360 sitting right next to it.

Wii Points work when you have the LAN adaptor hooked through your internet modem. There's a store where you can buy discontinued versions of games, or instance, maybe 10 earlier Mario games that worked with N64. The games play the same as the older versions and the graphics are the same, too, and not high-end like the new system provides. A 2,000-point card costs $20 and and old game costs 1,000 to 800 points. You choose them and download into the DH on your Wii. I'm not sure if you can back them up to the external cards, but there's a record of what you purchased so maybe you can get a second download if your system takes a powder.