• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Homerdome

fishin58

Anybody like the dome for football? Minus the carppy plastic seats, I enjoy myself there and we have a home field advantage, I believe in there. How much money would it be to revamp the dome, being that only the Vikes are left there?

With the Colts building a new stadium I think they won't have a home field advantage like they have had.

Do I like the dome? For the Gophers, definitely not. For the Vikes, I think the dome does the job and it's nice in the late season when it gets cold. But overall the whole metrodome experience is lacking, and WAY TOO LOUD AND MECHANICAL for Vikings games. It's trashy. It's bush league.

never seen a football game anywhere else outside of Collegeville for a St. John's game. I think the Dome is good for football but yes lose the artifical atmosphere you have to be bombarded with. I thought there was talk about re-doing the dome for the vikes once the twins and gophs are out?

I think the dome is fine for football except the seats, not enough room for a tall guy. My biggest problem with the dome is its location and parking. Call me a hick or whatever, but I can not stand driving downtown Mpls and will avoid it at all costs. Put a stadium in the burbs somewhere and I would go to a couple games a year.

Hmmm...guess I never tried that at the Metrodome. Probably for the best but may have made the experience more memorable. whistle

As jbell said, location stinks for those of us who detest driving around in downtown Mpls. The sooner I'm outta there for meetings, etc., the happier I am. Moving Gopher football off campus and catering to business interests was a huge mistake after seeing many a game at Memorial stadium. Dome is OK for Vikings games in late November and December. Seats suck if you happen to be seated by a wide-body. Twinkies games-sight lines not so great, no rain-outs of course but we get back to location and lack of atmosphere. The right field bleachers in the old Met were a great place to kill a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in the sun during my college days. Looking forward to the new stadium although a retractable roof should've been in the plans IMO...

It's not just driving around Minneapolis, but having to park 40 blocks away or paying through the nose to be halfway close is a joke. One of the things I miss about Kansas Citys Truman Sports Complex. Yes, you have to pay, but it isn't a ridiculous amount, and you are right outside the stadium gates at games end. Very convenient.