• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One on the ground this morning.

reddog

The rest of the story is,

He is 85 yds off the road.

a doe is laying in the next row of bushes to the right.

hes soaking up some sun, enjoying life in a little 90 acre sanctuary. Across the road on 3 sides, is public hunting and on the other side is Lake Okoboji. He goes out under cloak of night and rounds up his girlfriend for the day then he herds her back to his little area. Yes, sometimes he gets caught outside the sanctuary, but has managed to make it so far. I have some pics of him from last year, but cant find them right now.

I have permission to hunt a off lake lot which consists of nothing more than a hedge row fence that borders the property, 200 yds away from where he is bedded right now, but cant make myself walk thru the lake homes to go back there. All the neighbors watch out for the deer, and there are several of them in there. I dont want him that bad. I appreciate that he is around to keep my looking. Now, if I should ever find him in the public, thats a different story.

I watched him for 20 minutes, and took about 30 pics, of which not all turn out, when you are shooting the way I am to get these.

The first picture is zoomed up without the aid of my spotting scope. The rest of the pictures are done by simply putting my point and shoot digital camera up to the eye end of my Redfield spotting scope. Its not photo quality by any means, but is certainly gives you the ability to show your buddies what you seen that was of interest.

Heres some others:

deer-geese2.jpg

LakesidebuckB.jpg

Boji%20buck.jpg

white%20canada.jpg

foxB.jpg

P1010100.JPG

JBoo

Yep, I live in Spirit Lake. I dont hunt much around here anymore, as I have been in SD for the last 7 weekends.

This is not really the part of Iowa, that is notorius for big Iowa bucks, but, there are a few around, mostly around the refuges and sanctuaries.

I'll be in Mn for Thanksgiving, leaving tomorrow morning, but wil be around all weekend.

How long you gonna be in the area?