• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What kind of gloves?

Rope

I have a couple pairs I use. I have Arctic Armor X mittens for extreme weather. My normal gloves are Manzella gloves. There are a few models that are similar, the ones I use are called "Head On", and Manzella's are in my opinion the best gloves out there.

Arctic Armor here too. I would buy them again if they had a xxl one. The xl are just to tight on my big hands.

They are nice and warm and waterproof. Great for hole hopping and pulling your house out on the ice. I use them for shoveling and snow blowing as well.

If its real cold and Im snowmobiling I like a light glove under some good choppers with a wool liner.

Arctic Armor here too. I would buy them again if they had a xxl one. The xl are just to tight on my big hands.

They are nice and warm and waterproof. Great for hole hopping and pulling your house out on the ice. I use them for shoveling and snow blowing as well.

If its real cold and Im snowmobiling I like a light glove under some good choppers with a wool liner.

This is the exact problem I have with my big mitts. The XL's are to tight and they do not make and XXL. But If they did I would but another pair.

No they are a totally different glove. Arctic Armor uses INSULTEX in the gloves and suits which noone else offers. Here is a little info about the gloves.

Fabric: Polyester

Waterproof/Breathable.

Windproof.

Sub-Zero Protection

Lightweight, No Bulk

Available Sizes: M - L - XL Features:

Gloves For the most Extreme Environments

One Layer of INSULTEX™ Insulation.

Velcro® Closure Cuffs for snug fit.

Reinforced thumb and index finger

http://www.outdoorprostore.com/arctic-armor.html

most of the time I just use cheap brown jersey gloves when fishing if they get wet I just put on another pair

if it is extremely cold or I am outside for a length of time, on the fourwheeler etc. I have a pair of Grandoe Down Mittens - Sheepskin Leather but they be costy

I wear Arctic Armor Gloves when pulling my portable, running my auger, fishing outside when it's really cold, etc. I wore them for most of the deer hunting season too.

I wear insulated elk skin gloves the rest of the time, I like how warm they are and I like how easily they slip on and off.

Ice Armor and Ice ArmorX here, I love the things. The Ice Armors aren't completely water proof, and aren't made for extreme conditions, but the Ice ArmorXs are awesome gloves, I've had my pair for two seasons and they're still just like new. They also come in mittens.

most of the time I just use cheap brown jersey gloves when fishing if they get wet I just put on another pair

if it is extremely cold or I am outside for a length of time, on the fourwheeler etc. I have a pair of Grandoe Down Mittens - Sheepskin Leather but they be costy

Thats what I do. I was given a pair of Ice armor gloves but other than being waterproof they're not much warmer than jersys.

If my hands get cold I just have a large pair of Choppers I stuff my hands in.

i have ice armor gloves that i always bring with along with my choppers, but for most of the day i am barehanded. i throw the ice armors on when digging in the water and checking tipups then they get thrown back in front of the heater. i would buy another.

I would have to agree with croixflats. For keeping my hands and fingers warm I have bought North American Outfitters Deerskin mittens at Gander for $10and they keep my hands warmer than anything. I kid you not for $10 you can have warm hands. I have been outside in -30 weather with these on and my hands stayed nice and toasty.