Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jakemcarroll

fish trap scout replacement sled

7 posts in this topic

I'm picking up my first flip over style house tonight, it's in rough shape but it's a heck of a deal! Sounds like the sled will need to be replaced to make it ice ready this year, any suggestions on where to pick up a replacement? And as far as patching holes, any tips, or does some thread and some decent cloth work? Thanks!!

I would suggest contacting Clam Corp to see if you can pick up a new sled. They are in the SW metro area so it is nice and close.

Roughly $50 bucks at Clam in Medina...Make sure you match the year. Might not be a differece, but you never know.

Are you buying that one on hsolist out in Lakeland/Afton? If so, I saw the shape of it. Definitely needs a new tub.

Good eyes, yes, I'm picking it up tonight, definitely in rough shape, but the price is hard to beat, and it sounds like the frame is in good shape, if nothing else it will give me a project!

I bought a one man frabill from them on Sunday. They're an interesting (and nice) couple of good old boys. I saw the bottom of the one you're picking up. The tub definitely is shot, holes in all four corners. But like you said, if the frame is okay then you can pick up a new tub and if needed a new tarp (I didn't get to see what shape the tarp was in) and rebuild.

As for patching. I heard that contact cement was one way to go.

We need someone to donate patches of their old tarp to the members.