Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trap Guide Mod (minus the carpet)

7 posts in this topic

This weekend I did what I had to do, and ended up with what I think is a sweet mod. Total materials so far, (1) 1x6x10' (1) 1x4x8' about (2/3 of a sheet) 3/8x4x8 BC plywood. I used some hinges too of course as well as a 1x1x1/16th aluminum angle. I made two main compartments and I need to add a brace in between the seats in the big compartment. The front will be used for the flashers, aqua-vu, reel weeds, and heater, along with a cooler probably. The back compartment will be rod storage, and the chisel and scoops will go in there as well. The auger fits behind the storage system and there is a small slot cut in the rod locker to hold the handle of the auger. It fits in there nice and snug. I have a couple little things to do yet to make it completely removeable, but the idea is to be able to easily remove it for early ice while maintaining optimum comfort during the later parts of the season. I would definitely recommend using a canoe seat. They fold down to about 1 1/2" thick, weigh next to nothing, and have excellent back support all for about 25 bucks.

Here are a couple pics of the porty.

Auger and rod bag storage.

Ahh, the comfort of a nice padded canoe seat.

Under seat storage. Notched for a flush fit with the canoe seat.

Once I add the carpet, rod holders, and cup holders it will be just like a bass boat on the ice.

It ended up only being a few pounds heavier than the rail and seat system that was in there to begin with. Well worth it in my opinion.

I was out tonight buck, 4 inches of ice, 45 minutes, three little crappies. Didn't bring the house tonight though. Just walking with the spud, rod bag and vexilar.

Good lookin mod. Always cool to see what other fellers are doing to their shantys to make em more user friendly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Hilly says yes, yes, yes...and yes, and yes... It was putin with hair.    
    • "Build a wall".. Good idea ? Bad idea ? That's debatable.   Want to stump a liberal ? Ask them what is hillary's plan to control illegal immigration ?
    • Who knocked her out? That certainly isn't Trump. Is that Putin with more hair?
    • View from the ground blind.  Straight ahead there is a secondary trail moving left to right that goes around some wet lowland and that intersects with a larger main trail that was out the window to my right that skirts the lowland on the north side.  I have the blind set up so that the secondary trail is 20 yards away and the main trail is 17 yards away.   Had a doe walk down the secondary trail the first day I hunted this spot but had the blind set up in a different location and I didn't see the doe until it was 10 feet from my blind and by that time its mighty hard to draw a bow without spooking a deer thats close enough to know what I had for breakfast. 
    • Same with when Trump says is going to build a wall, just fodder for the LIVs.    
    • Gary Johnson comments on the debate while appearing on Jimmy Kimmel show:   “It’s crazy the notion of deporting 11 million undocumented workers — in New Mexico, how’s that going to work where half the population is Hispanic?” said Mr. Johnson, The Hill reported. But “the biggest hoo-hah of the evening,” he continued, “the biggest whopper was when Hillary said, ‘Hey, I’m not going to add a penny to the deficit.’ Come on.” “Maybe she meant that literally,” Mr. Kimmel joked. “She’s not going to add a penny to the deficit.” Mr. Johnson laughed, adding, “$30 trillion, maybe, but not a penny.”
    • So when she says something like "no new taxes on anyone making less than $250K per year", it really doesn't mean a thing, it's just fodder for LIVs...
    • dang boober that looks good. a little katchup and horseradish..........Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Well there's always today. 66 is the number to get to to achieve the long term average. Good luck.
  • Our Sponsors