• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jason mitchell or thornebros ice rods

793bob

The Jason Mitchell line is a very good line of quality rods. In regards to the deadstick, I would look at the Mitchell meatstick.

Thorne also has a very nice line of quality rods.

I have used and own both lines of rods and can say nothing but good about either products. The Mitchell line is a little easier on the pocket book.

In the past they have taken care of meatsticks with broken tips, I'd suggest you check with the company as they have been very good to work with for the people that have had broken tips. I have a few Mitchell ice rods and really like them, really good rods for the money.

If you bought it from a store you could try returning it there.

I sent an email friday night and got a response on sunday. Maybe try resending it?

The top three guides on my meatstick turned so they aren't in line anymore and he said to return it to cabelas (where i bought it). I can't find the receipt so I think I'll just fish with the goofy looking rod for now.

I don't have any TB rods but the guys I know that do have nothing but good things to say about them. I used a friend of mines last winter and I really liked it. They're a bit pricy for me, tho. Nothing against them, I just can't afford too many of them and still pay the electric bill.

I have 8 Jason Mitchell rods. 2 Walleye, 2 perch, 2 meat sticks, and 2 spring bobber rods. For me, the Jason Mitchell line up is the way to go. The quality is there at a price a blue collar working class slob such as myself can afford.

I just gave my Jason Mitchell spring bobber a whirl yesterday evening. It's pretty cool and a good alternative to the meatstick if you're concerned about the tips. If you do get a meatstick I very much highly recommend a hard sided case to protect the tip.

Throne Bros. rods are awesome and expensive! I finally got a 32" med. walleye sweetheart? last season... My good pal and I fished Mille Lacs to test it out and I caught 5 he got zip. The bite was light but I felt everything and the backbone kept them hooks sunk! I believe he is a little better at the eyes yet maybe things have changed now that I got a sick rod to pound on em'

No it's fairly easy to break the tip off the meatstick. Specially if you rely on a rod case/bag of any kind. I've mentioned this several times before but I too broke off about 4 inches of mine last year. Rather than returning it I'd re-tipped it and it has became my number 1 go-to stick. It's obviously not the same but it works real well for me. I caught a good fraction of my fish last year with it and loved everything about it!

Thorne Bros are the only way to fly in my book. I gots 2 deadsticks, a Perch Sweetheart, and a Walleye Sweetheart and these rods for the most part cover 95% of my Walleye and Perch fishing here on the LOTW.

Try them you'll like them!!

Regards.....fiskyknut