• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Showdown vs Vexilar/MArcum

Woody61

Looking for comparisons of the 2 styles by folks who have used both.I have a showdown that I got last year but am thinking of going to a different style but never have used a circular flasher before wonder if I'd be upgrading or wasting my money or not.How long is the battery charge good for in a Vex or Marcum?

BTW first time poster long time lurker,this is a great sight you have here.

My marcum LX-5 will last a few days on a charge. My old Vex's the same. What I like about the LX is the super fine line for target seperation and its nice and quiet. And from the factory dual transducer. I honestly only use mine though in dark water or at night, most my fishings done by sight up here on Boji. If your up this way your more than welcome to see mine work before you buy. I also mount this on the bow of the boat for summer fishing to.

I have used both Vex and MarCum flashers extensively and I can assure you that if your looking to get great value at a Showdown price point only one unit stands alone in performance and features and that's the MarCum VX-1. There have been quite a few deals on remaining last year and refurbed units as well and the prices are absolutey fantastic for a first flasher. I paid $279 for a Vex F8SLT 10 years ago and I wish the VX-1 was available back then. Now the VX-1 has zoom whish I absoltuely love. Another reason to go with the MarCum is it's much more user friendly than a Vex. Battery life for the VX-1 and FL-8 is 20 plus hours on a fully charged battery. Good luck with whatever unit you buy and welcome to Fishing Minnesota

I also bought a showdown last year. when I researching it I all most went with the MarCum. but to me all the refurbished units tell me some thing was wrong with them. no mater how good there customer serves is I didnt want to deal with it.

I have used a fl8 be for and liked it and a old humming bird super 60 riged for ice fishing, if i could have found a used super 60 for a resonable price I would have bought it. FF was out of fl8's so I went with the showdown. the guy at gander said the first year they came out they had problems and a lot came back,I think they didnt have a screen heater he also said they fixed the problem and coulnt recall one being return the 2nd year.

If theres nothing wrong with the showdown I dont think theres that much to be gained unless you go with the icemachine W gps. IMO RR.

I have a showdown, FL8 and an LX-3 from marcum. All are great. I'd rate them like this. LX-3, FL8 then the showdown. The only reason the showdown comes in 3rd is because I have had some difficulties with it keeping locked on to my small jigs for pannies. But the marcum wins hands down