Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
okstate

Changing lines?

11 posts in this topic

How often do you guys and gals change your fishing line?

once a year?

and what kind and lb test? obviously pound test depending on species. but how about a good all around type of line?

I change mine once a year, and I probably fish around 4-5 times a month (hopefully more this season!). I mainly use 2 lb test since I usually target crappies and sunfish, I just put gamma 2 lb on my rods to try out this season, I have just used micro ice previously, and I do have one rod with 6 lb test for any eye fishing I do.

usually once or twice a year and 6lb - 8lb is pretty basic depending on what your target fish is.

I know I'm sorry if I forget to change that 1-2 pound for pannies at least once a season.I don't get out enough to change it more often....

When changing out mono lines for your ice reels, do you guys put the entire pony spool on?? Years past, I've just put half of the spool (50-60yds) with some backer off my open water rods that is a little higher test.

i only put about 75 yards on... don't need a full spool for ice fishin... plus if you tear alot off you change like more often keeping it strong

I change mine yearly, usually put enough on that what I loose or cut off when getting worn I am still fine

I change mine yearly, usually put enough on that what I loose or cut off when getting worn I am still fine

exactly what i do!

usually once a year unless I get alot of use out of the fishing line. It depends on use and how low your spool is getting

I change it at least once a year. The more I use it the more I retie and strip off the spool until I eventually replace it. My reels that get used the most might be respooled once a month or so.