• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

this old house

peerchking

So I have a fish house I built 7 years ago and it's 8' with wheels on the out side. I know to wide. now they wan't me to get the old girl licensed. I don't pull more than two miles to the lake. I checked in to getting the wheels moved inside but I can't get it done till next spring. And I cant get a license because of the width so now I got to find a friend that doesn't use his licensed fish house to often I know GOOD LUCK

Just had to vent!

Broman

your right, it's closer to 9'6" I'm going down Tuesday to see if I can get tag's. And hope to get by till next year, who know's maybe I can talk my wife in to a new ice castle. She almost when't for it this summer. When we looked at them on vacation.

If only the right 6 #s

But IM sure they have a permit or special regulation on Farm impliments. I would say jack it up, put runners on it and drag it along the side of the road till you hit ice, yeah its not the same as the wheels, but it will work for the 2 or more months that you will be out there, it will require a little extra packing around the house, but Youd be leagal, and youd be on the lake in your house. Just my .02

Guys, I'm pretty sure there are specific rule exceptions for fishouses that are not used to haul anything.

I.E., any fishouse in which the wheels are for the sole purpose of moving the fishouse, and not hauling anything inside, are exempt from DOT trailer rules.

Guys, I'm pretty sure there are specific rule exceptions for fishouses that are not used to haul anything.

I.E., any fishouse in which the wheels are for the sole purpose of moving the fishouse, and not hauling anything inside, are exempt from DOT trailer rules.

sonicrunch can you find that in the mn statutes. I think that would be great

Originally Posted By: Sonicrunch

sonicrunch can you find that in the mn statutes. I think that would be great

I spent about an hour yesterday looking, and I came up empty handed. The people at the DMV are where I got my info from. (Although, I have received bad info from the DMV before.) I will keep trying though. There has to be something somewhere.

Neighbor of mine that works for the DOT just happened to stop by the shop for a cup of coffee at noon today.

He told me that the Highway Patrol is the agency that enforces over width, over length and over weight loads on the roads now.

He suggested you contact there local office for an opinion.

He also said over width permit used to be only $15 or less for short distances.

Hope this helps ya out.

sonicrunch

thanks for looking. I also did a lot of checking and found that I can get a overwide permit fron the local highway dept. for county roads. witch is what I will be using for free. So I guess I'm covered.

Again thanks for looking and good luck this winter.

I'm going out this afternoon to check ice if it's good I bee out tomarrow I got the family thing tonight.

peercking,I had the exact same problem with my house and after many phone calls and stopping into the dmv here is what I came up with.I was going to move my wheels in also but love the wide open floor plan so they are going to stay as is.I only fish this house on one lake.

The dmv in willmar said the width is ok for license.as long as it does not have a toy hauler door in the back and is not over 3000 lbs loaded.

I went to the kandi co dot and they will give you a permit for a one time move.It is FREE!If you want to switch lakes you can get another permit! but a few restrictions:

1 must be moved during daylight

2 must give route

3 must be licensed

4 no state highway

5 if your route includes city street city permit is required.

6 do not think required but I had a buddy fallow with flashers

Hope this helps,and hope you get the same nice folks that I dealt with at the dmv and co dot.