Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremy Donabauer

We got him

34 posts in this topic

My brother actually but man he is a slob. We hunted this buck all season and never actually seen him in the flesh, only on trail cam. We passed buck after buck waiting for him. My bro is still stunned from the whole thing. He shot him Sunday morn coming back to where we thought he lived all along. I think we were right but he must have been chasing hard for the last couple weeks. He had run his body way down, he only weighed 158lbs and truth be told I am pretty sure he's only 3 1/2 year old. We are going to send his jaw in to know for certain. Hopefully he spread his seed because his genetics and awesome. I am happy that we had some sort of closure on this buck, we were begining to wonder what happened to him. He is a WI buck. This is why we do it.

MDGC0783.jpg

ericsbuck002.jpg

ericsbuck005.jpg

ericsbuck007.jpg

ericsbuck009.jpg

WOW!!! I think he's older than 3 1/2, that looks to me like a peak type rack. What an awesome deer! Congrats on one of the nicest bucks I've seen this year...

that is a nice buck, I would think closer to 5yr old but, regardless, hopefully he did pass his genes on.

very nice deer! He does look 3 1/2 but who knows, maybe it'll surprise you when you get back the result of age!

You really need to see his body in person to believe he is 3.5. After getting the pics I never would have thought about calling him 3.5 but his head is small as is his body. His dentist also has been doing a very good job on his teeth. We will know for certain when the results come back.

Please report back on his age, I'd guess 3 and 1/2 as well but you'll find out, if 3 1/2 it shows everyone how a few years of age can get them to very repspectability. Nicely done ! Those trail cams sure can change what you are hunting ! Way to be patient !

The look on that bucks face seems to say "I'm exhausted". Hopefully he got a lot of does before he made the mistake to run by your bro. Attaboy bro.

Awsome buck! congrads to your bro. I've always wondered what the meat would taste like on a buck that has been chasing really hard and lost all that weight. The bucks i've shot haven't been in rut or have been just starting to chase.

Heckuva buck for sure. His trail cam pic doesn't do him justice. I'm sure he would've been around the 200lb mark 3 weeks ago.

nice job-congrats.

this is probably a dumb question but but im curious... whats QDM??

You really need to see his body in person to believe he is 3.5. After getting the pics I never would have thought about calling him 3.5 but his head is small as is his body. His dentist also has been doing a very good job on his teeth. We will know for certain when the results come back.

I will be anxiously awaiting the results. The body does look young even in the trail cam pic (no full stomach or sway back) but the face looks like an older deer AND THAT RACK!!!!! OMG that rack. IF he put that rack out in 3 1/2 years WOW. That kind of mass and tine height and spread all in one. Just WOW...

QDM is Quality Deer Management. Essentially good nutrition, passing small bucks to let them mature and harvesting does to keep the population balance between bucks/does...

Congrats to your bro, very impressive deer! Nothing specific but where in scoonie did you get him?

Just think how big he would have been next year!!!!!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SMOKES!