• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We got him

My brother actually but man he is a slob. We hunted this buck all season and never actually seen him in the flesh, only on trail cam. We passed buck after buck waiting for him. My bro is still stunned from the whole thing. He shot him Sunday morn coming back to where we thought he lived all along. I think we were right but he must have been chasing hard for the last couple weeks. He had run his body way down, he only weighed 158lbs and truth be told I am pretty sure he's only 3 1/2 year old. We are going to send his jaw in to know for certain. Hopefully he spread his seed because his genetics and awesome. I am happy that we had some sort of closure on this buck, we were begining to wonder what happened to him. He is a WI buck. This is why we do it.

MDGC0783.jpg

ericsbuck002.jpg

ericsbuck005.jpg

ericsbuck007.jpg

ericsbuck009.jpg

You really need to see his body in person to believe he is 3.5. After getting the pics I never would have thought about calling him 3.5 but his head is small as is his body. His dentist also has been doing a very good job on his teeth. We will know for certain when the results come back.

Please report back on his age, I'd guess 3 and 1/2 as well but you'll find out, if 3 1/2 it shows everyone how a few years of age can get them to very repspectability. Nicely done ! Those trail cams sure can change what you are hunting ! Way to be patient !

Awsome buck! congrads to your bro. I've always wondered what the meat would taste like on a buck that has been chasing really hard and lost all that weight. The bucks i've shot haven't been in rut or have been just starting to chase.

You really need to see his body in person to believe he is 3.5. After getting the pics I never would have thought about calling him 3.5 but his head is small as is his body. His dentist also has been doing a very good job on his teeth. We will know for certain when the results come back.

I will be anxiously awaiting the results. The body does look young even in the trail cam pic (no full stomach or sway back) but the face looks like an older deer AND THAT RACK!!!!! OMG that rack. IF he put that rack out in 3 1/2 years WOW. That kind of mass and tine height and spread all in one. Just WOW...