Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
portageman

Bro vs. Genz

32 posts in this topic

I ran into Bro last week at Fleet Farm. Heck of a guy. He went through his entire line of jigs and explained everything. It was my own private 10 minute ice fishing clinic. Which leads to my question:

2 man ice tournament. Bro vs. Genz. Who wins?

I was looking at the Bro series rods the other day. They seem nice for the price. Portageman, which lake and what species? wink

A random lake drawn out of a hat. No prefishing.

Panfish tournament.

Both would be so busy trying to sell you their sponsored products that neither would wet a line. haha

I got Genz.

You are right on that one Bartman......

The sad thing is I did walk away with a handful of jigs....

Chuck Norris doesn't need jigs to catch fish...Chuck Norris just stares down the hole and the fish jump out of the lake and into his bucket.

Sorry Portage Man, that was a major league hijack on my part.

I've never met either Bro or Genz, but I'm sure it would make for good entertainment in a head to head fish off. I say give em each a spud bar and a jiggle stick and a box of waxies.

Now put that on ESPN. I'd love to watch and get their thoughts during an event like that. Hear what they are thinking fishing a lake for the first time against a legend.

that would be cool to see who would be better, I dont know either of them but I think I would put my bet on genz cuz he is the king ice fishing, and the guy has been ice fishing before anyone, so I guess he might just have the experience of it.

But it would be a tough choice though, both are excellent players in the ice fishing game

All i know is that Chuck Norris makes Onions cry... he would win hands down

Chuck Norris does not hunt because the word hunting implies the possibility of failure. Chuck Norris goes killing.

Sorry, after Dtro brought up ol' Chuck I just couldn't resist. wink

I say Genz would win just because of experience.

If they both can use whatever they want I think possibly Genz, if force to improvise Bro. I like the idea of 2-3 rods and a handful of jigs (non-branded the same for each) and some waxies and like an VX1 or FL8 flasher so less then they are used to. Still give them a standard auger so they can run and gun but just make sure the lures and gear are same/same.

That would be fun to see.

Don't know bro so I'd go with Genz if Chuck didn't stop by to kick his arse.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

There is no chin behind Chuck Norris’ beard. There is only another fist.

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Chuck Norris’ hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

Chuck Norris doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost

Remember the Soviet Union? They decided to quit after watching a DeltaForce marathon on Satellite TV.

Contrary to popular belief, America is not a democracy, it is a Chucktatorship.

Ahhhh.... the teacher vs. the student.

My vote would go Bro, especialy in a panfish run and gun style. Genz may have invented modern ice fishing, but bro has made it his own.

Mr T says: I pity the fool.

Chuck Norris says: I have no pity for the fool.

Bruce Lee says: You and I, Pit, KungFu!

Mr T, Chuck Norris, and Bruce Lee go to Burger King. Mr T orders Golden Nuggets, Chuck Norris orders Fists Sandwich, Bruce Lee orders a WHOOOPAAAAHHHH!

When it rains out, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet, the rain gets Chuck Norrised.

i would have to pick "bro" we got the same beard going Ha! well i'm in the process . lol

i would have to say...Genz...got to meet him and a picture taken with him and lil about ice fishing also!

Tiffany Lakosky. Always Tiffany Lakosky.

Seriously- Dave Genz at fishing. Bro in a battle royal