Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jari Razskazoff

Early season reminder... Please NO LITTERING!

24 posts in this topic

I remember the last few years on Bald Eagle, being one of the later people out there, and how I literally filled a FishTrap full of garbage one afternoon on my walk back in...

I remember Dorito's bags, and Marlboro Lights boxes being the majority of the garbage I picked up... that and Gatorade bottles....

I mean come on people, did anyone even bother to look what blew up against the reeds on that reed island just north of Tent City???

Please, don't be a disgusting (human being)... lets keep it clean this year. They have garbage cans, and dumpsters, or the back of your truck to throw the garbage in the parking lot... don't be lazy.

... and if its at all possible, try and keep the trucks out of the lakes too.

There sure are a lot of people out there that just don't get it. I don't know if they've had there mothers picking up after them well into there adult years but they need to grow up and start taking care of there own trash. If someone litters by me and I see it. I'll be sure that they pick up that trash or end up eating it.I have zero tolerance for littering and general douche-baggery. wink

Very ture I see people just throw stuff all over the place. The kids and I more that once have filled trash bags full of junk. Mayby the DNR should team up with all the bad boys and girl that have to do their community service and have them pick up the lakes. JimBuck thank you for teaching me my new favorite word "Douch-baggery" that is great!

They have garbage cans, and dumpsters, or the back of your truck to throw the garbage in the parking lot... don't be lazy.

Agreed. I think being lazy has a big part in it. How hard is it to keep your garbage together and just bring it to shore with you.

Great reminder Jari! I don't know why people think it is okay to stuff their empty cans, bottles, and trash down the holes. Saw them frozen in holes way too often.

Unfortunately most of the yahoos that leave garbage all over will probably not be reading this. But hopefully it reaches some.

AT the end of the (summer) season on shore I was picking up trash on Madison for "good karma" bites. Seemed to work although I did leave very dissapointed with the way people treat the area. I must have pulled 18 beer cans out of the rocks along the shore. GROSS

+2

Originally Posted By: eyebjim
bump... how about a sticky on this one.

Bump. +1 for the sticky!

Also please police up your cig butts.... Just think if you are a smoker and I am (I smoke filtered little cigars), you are on the lake for 8 hours... and you smoke maybe 3 cigs an hour. that is over a pack of butts a day and if every ice fisherman that smokes throws them on a lake on a given day... what a mess... takes only about 10 years for them filters to degrade... I keep a coffee can for a butt can...

So pick up your trash please and the other guys too..

thank you

(kicking soap box out of the way)

hopefully enough people see this and listen but the problem is going to aways be there so hopefully the rest of us can keep up with the garbage...sad but true

If you can carry a package out onto the ice when it is full can't you take it back off when it is empty. If my thinking is correct it should weigh less and take up less room as well. It makes all of us look bad when that [PoorWordUsage] is left out there.

BTW, that wasn't all, must have been about 20 more "butts" and empty cigarette packs all around that area, almost all in ice. I am all for cleaning up after someone else, but I am not spudding through 2 inches of ice after some jerk off does this sort of thing. I really hope whomever did this reads this.

That is really pathetic. I think people caught litering pay like a $500 fine, I would hope that people caught doing this on ice would also have to do community service involving picking up trash out on the lakes.

I don't want to start debate or open a can of worms on this - but I know there are people that think tossing your cigarette butts on the ground/ice is not a big deal. I consider it trash and wish smokers would put your butts in an empty can or what ever and toss it in garbage can with the rest of your trash.

Personally don't care to fish over a spot that looks and smells like an ash tray. I also live on a lake and that stuff does wash up on shore in the spring ... meaning I a non-smoke have to pick it up.

Snapped a pic of this yesterday while fishing on Fish Lake by Trimont, MN:

That really makes me sick! Is it that hard to carry trash back with you instead of this?! Cigs on the ice, or anywhere else for that matter really bother me as well. It's become so common place that people don't consider it littering by throwing their spent cig where ever they happen to be. It's just gross!

While I'm at it, what really ticked me off a few years ago was sending my new auger blades right into a beer cap. Dinged it up a little right off the bat. Thanks, guy.

I realize that it's probably not the people reading this forum doing the littering. I will say, though that I tend to pick up other peoples crud out there. If we all pitched in...as the slogan goes, we'd have a much cleaner sheet of ice!

I think Minnesota should bring back an anti-littering campagian like we had in the 70's. That was a great campaign and we now have the money for it.