• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

28 point buck

Judging by its rack I would rule out malnutrition and would indicate a healthy deer.

Look at whats left of its neck. Was it cut off?

Guy shoots nice deer during bow season. Figures he'll do a European mount and lets nature clean the rest of the skull. A dog finds it and carries it off.

Judging by its rack I would rule out malnutrition and would indicate a healthy deer.

Look at whats left of its neck. Was it cut off?

Guy shoots nice deer during bow season. Figures he'll do a European mount and lets nature clean the rest of the skull. A dog finds it and carries it off.

I'm assuming they found the whole carcass and cut the head off themselves.

I'd like to hear what that baby scores.

I have a book at home that shows a couple monster bucks that died from being gored by other bucks. They catch one in the brain, or a vital, and die just like they were shot with an arrow. The book's author also suggested it's not uncommon for 2 bucks to be locked in battle, and have a third come in and get an undeterred charge on the dominate one. With no way to protect itself, it can be lethal.

I just read an article by Charles Alsheimer in where he witnessed the same thing. While two bucks were locked in combat, a forkhorn snuck in and gored one of the bucks in the side. Luckily not a lethal blow.

Same as turkey hunting... you take out the boss gobbler and the remaining toms and jakes will flail the downed bird. Not a good scenario when you plan on having him mounted!

Wolves can take down any size Deer. I live in Northern Minnesota and witness a single wolve take down a mature doe. I also snowmobile and have found as many as 20 deer kills in one day. It happens frequently up here. It's a good time of the year to cruise around on you sled and look for big bucks and then retrieve the racks.