• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jack is Back

DARK30

I like this line from the other night:

Senator Meyer: "It’s time for you to start trusting the institutions you’ve sacrificed so much to protect.”

Jack Bauer: ”Trust isn’t my greatest asset.”

My wife and I laughed so hard at this. We paused and rewound it a couple times to see it again.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sutherland signs on for 8th '24' season

March 24, 2009, 5:50 AM EST

king KONG (AP) -- Kiefer Sutherland will be back to play Jack Bauer for an eighth season of the hit counterterrorism drama "24," but the show's longevity will depend on its writers, the actor said Tuesday.

The 42-year-old said "24," currently in its seventh season, will start shooting its eighth in May. He spoke during an interview in king Kong to promote the new 3-D animated movie "Monsters vs. Aliens," in which he voices the character of General W.R. Monger.

Sutherland, whose gritty portrayal of the counterterrorism agent has made Bauer an iconic character, said he's committed to the show that's revived his career.

"If I was going to liken '24' to a girlfriend, '24' has been really good to me. And I need to be really good back," Sutherland said.

"There are plays I want to do. There are so many different things I would like to do, but I was so fortunate to be part of something like '24' that my focus is still on that right now," he said.

Sutherland said the show's future also hinges on its writers' ability to shape its story.

More entertainment for another year!!

I thought there first season was awesome. The previous season was really good too, with the nuke going off in downtown LA. Maybe just me, I should say IMO the first 12 hours or so were awesome, I just think there have been too many swerves or whatever leading up to this final mastermind. I don't know, just my opinion I guess

There's always swerves in this show. It's pretty good over all, but you are making Jack super human with all he gets out of. I suppose that's what makes it a TV show. I think over all it's a well-written show and can hold my interest pretty well.

Spoiler---

Last night's was good, I didn't see Tony's swerve coming at all. Since Hodges said he was only a small cog, could Tony be the ultimate brains? I imagine Tony's turn is the motivation for Bauer to pursue the experimental treatment with low chance of survival for payback time huh?

I had the same look on my face as Pres. Taylor though when Hodges said he wasn't the mastermind and it was bigger... oh man, how many levels are their in this thing?

i've been waiting or tony to return to the dark side. i don't see him as the mastermind though. i'm thinking someone else from the past will show up again before the end of the day.

I am with you too I kept thinking he was going to turn also but thought it was going to happen a little sooner until he blew the tanks last night, then I was sure he was in it for the good guys. I didn't see preview for next week, but I can only assume its the final 2 hours right? It said for House that it will return in 2 weeks

Really good episode.

The previews show Tony shooting himself in the side, presumably so he can still appear to be a good guy to Jack and the fBI.

The previews also showed Larry Moss on a gurney under a white sheet and Renae crying, so presumably he's a goner.

I was thinking that maybe Tony was still a good guy but being a double agent with the bad guys, but him shooting himself and Larry being gone pretty much shot that prediction out of the water.

Plus, there still has to be more storyline to the president's daughter as the scummy new chief of staff, doesn't there?

The previews did NOT say anything about a final episode or a 2 hours episode next week.

Really good episode.

The previews show Tony shooting himself in the side, presumably so he can still appear to be a good guy to Jack and the fBI.

The previews also showed Larry Moss on a gurney under a white sheet and Renae crying, so presumably he's a goner.

I was thinking that maybe Tony was still a good guy but being a double agent with the bad guys, but him shooting himself and Larry being gone pretty much shot that prediction out of the water.

Plus, there still has to be more storyline to the president's daughter as the scummy new chief of staff, doesn't there?

The previews did NOT say anything about a final episode or a 2 hours episode next week.

Good point Perch, maybe the pres. dtr is the mastermind? I still go that Tony has turned and its the motivator for Jack to get treatment because only Jack can stop Tony

Ya Chloe, but I imagine she will be stuck in FBI HQ overseeing CTU servers and providing real time intelligence. Copy that. Jack will probably have tony ready to be taken in to face the crimes he committed against the people of the US when whammo Renee puts one in the chest and one in the head