• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how to re-bait.....

Jordyn Kaufer

Waxies? Dont you use Little atom plastics? What he means would be he "threads the needle" slide the waxie on from head to butt and shape it too the jig. I have done the one spot hook on the waxie, kinda like a wacky rig, just the tip, and threaded the needle, it depends on how the fish are, if your in an area with alot of little fish, go with a plastic, or gulp, if they dont like the gulp or plastic, thread the needle nad youll save your bait awhile.

I've found that fish when picky want bait hooked certain ways. Usually, I do the head to butt thing to hide the hook, other times I just tip the hook with the head of the waxie so it's dangling. On other occassions I have had to tear them in the dangling position which for some reason turns them on also. It all boils down to how the fish react to the different presentations. They can be picky, and sometimes they just want plastic. Oh, and I'm not sold on Genz's tip, not sure what that accomplishes other than easy CnR.

For me it depends on the mood of the fish.. More often than not,I use Eruolarve. But I do bring wax worms with as well. with wax worms I often fish them on a horizontle lure. I try to rig them so they hang pretty straight. Much like you would hook a minnow in the summer time. If fishing on a verticle jig, I will often do my best to get it to hang at a 45 degree angle to the hook.

Thats how I do it, and what works for me.

For me it depends on the mood of the fish.. More often than not,I use Eruolarve. But I do bring wax worms with as well. with wax worms I often fish them on a horizontle lure. I try to rig them so they hang pretty straight. Much like you would hook a minnow in the summer time. If fishing on a verticle jig, I will often do my best to get it to hang at a 45 degree angle to the hook.

Thats how I do it, and what works for me.

I second Deitz on this. I usually use Eruolarve as well and will put to are three hanging vertical on the hook. Can do the same with waxies.