Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jordyn Kaufer

lure question

13 posts in this topic

what are your guy's top lures for pannies and the walleye family?

Swedish pimples and buckshot rattle spoons for crappies, perch and walleyes.

in winter i like fat boys for panfish and buckshot, swedish pimples, and holy angels (or anything similar) for walleyes

For walleyes I like jiggin raps, pimples and other various spoons especially frosty spoons. Pannies I like to use ratsos and berkley micro plastics alot along with ice flies. Red glow jigs dead sticked or jigged can be a killer for both.

jordyn, you've open a real can of worms with this question. You'll have 50 posts by tomorrow.

Yup , like the post above said, there are a kazillion lures out there that work..

My fave for panfish.. Some sot of Marmooska copy.. Diamond Jig, whatever.. horizontle, prefer yellow and orange or firetiger.

For walleye, 1/8 oz Rattling Varmit. Or Lindy Flying Spoon, in Firetiger or Gold.

Do you guys tip them with anything or just fish em plain??

Nuclear Ant, Wedgee, or a red hook with a minnow head.

Only lure I never tip with something (e.g. some type of plastics, minnow, minnow head, waxies, euros, etc) is Chubby darters, and sometimes jigging raps.

Always have a variety of presentation ready to go so I can quickly determine what is on for that particular day/lake.

Northland "THUMPER" jig and "WHISTLER JIG HEAD".. with minnow head,or whole minnow,for wonderful walleye's.. "FAIRY" jig with the two tiny flippers.. MAYNARDS "FLUTTER BUG".. "BRO BUG".. "ANT".. these tipped with with "tiny" crappie minnow head, or wax worm.. for "fat and round panfish".. perch.. rock bass.. when you get into some rock bass they really fight on the light line..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• My buddy found this today! Great day to be out! future booner!
    • He only got one? Had 3 more in my pocket!!; I didn't want them in cold spring!
    •   http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/320316-trump-clarifies-remarks-on-nonexistent-sweden-incident-i-got-it   Nah, he just got it from Fox News. Where else would he be able to get accurate information about what is happening in the world?  
    • I have those on my 2 place trailer. Also have a set of plastic ski skins to go under skis but havnt tried them yet.
    • Hard not to look in the mirror and admit our meddling all over the world over the past 60 years has brought us nothing but trouble. You can shift blame to some radical religion if you want, plenty of blame there too but why force ourselves to step on that hornets nest in the first place when we didn't have to. But hey we are masters of destabilizing and regime changes and I don't think that is an accident. You can blame some religion if you want but I doubt Christians or you or I would be any different had some other country toppled our government and took over our country. Of course it is always in the name of peace and freedom, or at least that is what plays on the news.
    • https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/us/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-russia.html   To summarize for those too lazy to read the article:   A Putin-backed Ukranian lawmaker, a convicted mobster that's friends with Donald Trump, and his Russian-linked personal lawyer (who's being investigated for, guess what, his links to Russia) came to Michael Flynn (fired for lying about his contacts with Russia) with a plan that would essentially gift (the illegally annexed sovereign Ukrainian territory of) Crimea to Russia, and lift all related sanctions.
    • Spent about 4hrs there today with my family and had a great time. My twin 6yr olds had a blast and came home with lots of freebies.   im not a wine and dine hunting lodge guy so many booths didn't appeal to me. But lots of good dog stuff and conservation talk.   i pet and scratched more dogs behind the  ear today than I have in my entire life. Looking forward to Sioux Falls hosting it next year.
    • From Wikipedia Nope, nothing to see here. We had nothing to do with it. No involvement at all. 
    • I did cut off the radish tops and they do taste like radish but I am not going to get in the business of growing them..
  • Our Sponsors