Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chasineyes

Barack is one of us ??

19 posts in this topic

I just read that they are sending their children to a private school that costs $24,000 for the oldest and $18,000 for the youngest. Makes my $3000 a year for the Shakopee School district seem like a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!

But of course, they'll fight any suggestion that all families should get such a choice...

Their millionaires. Why wouldnt they send their kids to an expensive private school?

Their millionaires. Why wouldnt they send their kids to an expensive private school?

That's the same kind of thinking that runs the government and why we are in trouble. Spend, spend, spend. Why do they need to spend that when you can get a good education for 5 grand or 10 grand or whatever. You have the money, spend how you want, but it's senseless to me.

Hes gonna be the president of the usa. Of course hes gonna send his kids to a private school. Of all the topics ever posted on this site, this has to be the dumbest. All you people do is complain about everthing. Liberal.Con. whatever. Quit your [PoorWordUsage] and get a life.

And you wonder why our public schools are in tough shape. (I'm well aware that last part will be argued to high he!!). The rich people can afford private schools for their kids so why would they do anything to support the public schools? Not they they use the public schools.

do you think for a second he is gonna send them to public school? come on, get a clue. Think about the security risks. Im surprised they are going to school at all and not home schooled.

And here i thought you were going to say he was a sportsman, or he was a member of FM ....DOH!

Why is this a surprise? They're going to get a much better education at that private school than they would in the D.C. public school system. Millionaires can afford to send their kids to the best schools, and millionaire parents presumably care as much about their kids' educations as we do. Gotta make the Secret Service a bit happier, too, since it's easier to secure a private school the big ole sprawling public school.

The rest of us have to make due with what we can afford. Same stuff, different day. So what? Who was the last president to send his kids to public school?

BID2, I can't believe I actually agree with you. gringringrin

BID2, I have to say...amen. Stupidest topic in a long time.

Check the schools the last 3 first children attended.

It's alright to be envious. I wish I had the ability to offer my children the same opportunity.

What's the difference in cost of secret service protection for them at a DC public school?

I don't disagree with what you guys say and I would send mine to private school if I could afford it. I just don't see why it has to be the more expensive one. And if public sucks so bad you can't send your kids there than fix it. No, presidents kids should go to a private school for security reasons not because of education. If it's because of education then he needs to fix that.

And if public sucks so bad you can't send your kids there than fix it. If it's because of education then he needs to fix that.

He can't. Nor could Bush, nor Clinton, nor any president in a long time. It takes a Congress to fix a broken education system. Even though Congress and Obama will be largely singing out of the same hymnal, I'm still not optimistic. No matter what's proposed, 40 percent of the country will immediately rip them apart for it. Same way 40 percent of the country would rip apart a Repub pres and a Repub Congress.

No, presidents kids should go to a private school for security reasons not because of education. If it's because of education then he needs to fix that.

More money is not the answer given the amount we spend and the results we get. How do you legislate effectiveness? Are the teachers at the expensive schools the cheapest? If not, then we're right back to more money.

And if public sucks so bad you can't send your kids there than fix it.

That's exactly what they intend to try. Michelle Obama stated that they want to work with the D.C public schools to help improve them. I can't believe people here have a problem with this.... oh wait I forgot where I was! wink

BID2, I have to say...amen. Stupidest topic in a long time.

Add me to the list.

Pretty sad. frown

I thought the election was over and these type of threads aren't welcomed anymore...?

Seriously? Did the Common Man, beer buddy G.W. send his kids to public school?