• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

who will be the first to post first fish caught on ice

robert1965

I drove past the Chisago chains this evening and I saw three different sets of folks icefishing on South center over by the island and drove a little further and the next bay and most of the lake was open! Little green was mostly froze but it will be a bit before I decide to venture out there.

Tunrevir~

I had a chance to make it out yesterday on a small slough/lake west of Fargo. We found between 2.5 and 3 inches of ice. Only fished for an hour, but caught 4 bass and 2 sunnies. The bass were all around 10-12 inches, but still fun to catch. The 2 sunnies were definately keepers but were released. It just felt great to drill a hole and stare at a vexilar for the 1st time.

Dan189 hookin into a bass:

icefish2.jpg

Just a little Bass:

icefish.jpg

Went out and drilled a hole on a private pond in the SW part of the state tonight, was pushing 4". I only ventured out about 15 ft. from shore because I'm not one for fishing thin ice, but it looks like there will be enough (for me, 5-6") ice by Wednesday when I travel back home.