Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert1965

who will be the first to post first fish caught on ice

16 posts in this topic

it wont be me. I just talked to my friend in kenora ontario L.i.W. and there was people on the ice, it drives me crazy I live in chicago. it wont be long though, it must be awesome to get on that first safe ice.

I drove past the Chisago chains this evening and I saw three different sets of folks icefishing on South center over by the island and drove a little further and the next bay and most of the lake was open! Little green was mostly froze but it will be a bit before I decide to venture out there.

Tunrevir~

I was out on Lac Qui Parle today for a couple hours. Marked fish but no biters. 3 inches of ice.

howdy got 2 walleyes one 4#; 2 crappies 9inchers yesterday. today one pike 11 inches long yeah!!! its here i hope

I had a chance to make it out yesterday on a small slough/lake west of Fargo. We found between 2.5 and 3 inches of ice. Only fished for an hour, but caught 4 bass and 2 sunnies. The bass were all around 10-12 inches, but still fun to catch. The 2 sunnies were definately keepers but were released. It just felt great to drill a hole and stare at a vexilar for the 1st time.

Dan189 hookin into a bass:

icefish2.jpg

Just a little Bass:

icefish.jpg

I wihs I had my gear so I could go find some fishable ice!!! Wont have it till this wednesday but now that rifle hunting is over the itch is getting really bad

I managed about a dozen sunnies and a fat 22.5 inch LM bass. Had a great first outing. I love early ice. It's like having a fishhouse with a glass bottom.

Went out and drilled a hole on a private pond in the SW part of the state tonight, was pushing 4". I only ventured out about 15 ft. from shore because I'm not one for fishing thin ice, but it looks like there will be enough (for me, 5-6") ice by Wednesday when I travel back home.