• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3B recap so far

my season is done, I was sitting on stand this morning, heard a truck pull down the driveway, and 30 minutes later, they started their 3 chainsaws. By the time I got down there, they had permission to be down there and had been cutting wood all day on wednesday. could explain why I didn't see anything except for my little doe on Thursday. Didn't see a thing this morning either.

Next year I might have to make a few changes to my loctaions...

I hope everyone had a safe and productive deer season....To those of you heading out for Muzzleloader, good luck, I wish I had time to do that season, someday, someday

I'm done as well. I got one and our group went 2 for 6 tihs year, though a couple hunters will be hunting today. We shot 2 does and hunt around the Rollingstone area. Lot of deer seen the first weekend but squat ever since. Not many hunters around moving them either.

Our group of 8 shot 4 deer. 2 does a button buck and a small 8 pointer. I shot 3 of the 4 deer. My 8 pointer had serious ground shrinkage. I passed him up probably 4 times during the bow season. I had a major case of mistaken identity, I thought he was a big 8 I had been seeing all fall. As a matter of fact, when I went to get him, I didn't think that he was my deer, Oh well...It was kind of a slow season, feast of famine. We actually saw plenty of deer, but mostly late, or too far away.

We ended up with 5 for 6. Two 8's and three does. We saw a lot of fawns and let them go. Overall a very good season. Saw several other very nice bucks but just didn't have a shot.

Did anyone else have any luck this last weekend? Didn't hear much shooting, very quite.

I will try figure out how to post a pic. Sorry, new to the site.

By the time 3B rolled around, the deer were starting to heard up. One day I wouldn't see any, the next 2 groups of 4 and a group of 2. They were already finding safety in numbers and seeking out the deer sanctuaries.

I don't have a pic of the other buck but it was much smaller.

In regards to the deer herding up, a couple of guys in our party saw two seperate groups of 10 and 5 each. We know for a fact they were 2 different groups as they were seen at the same time about a mile apart. The one group reportedly had a buck with a sizable rack, but my Dad didn't have a shot.

I also kicked but a group of at least 4 on the second day walking into my stand. It was about 6:10 am and very dark. They got up about 20 feet in front of me....scared the [PoorWordUsage] out of me!

Personally, I didn't see many deer, but others in our party seen a lot.

96trigger, do you hunt down by Thielmen/Whipperwill?

Little farther down, but I have to drive throught that area. I'm a couple of miles out of Dumfries in the Zumbro bluffs along HWY 60. Hope to get out this weekend with the ML, bought the license, but Dang its cold. Are you hunting the Whipporwill/Theilman area?