• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cold weather reel grease.....

aquafang

well, evidentally there are no experts on this because I have not had any responses on this subject on the "expert/information" Forum. So, I"m gonna try it here.

I have some stuff called hot juice I want to try in my reels so they aren't stiff in the cold. What's the eaisiest way to clean the old stuff out of the reels? choke cleaner spray??? Any ideas?

I dont know if it will we allowed or not, but threw another fishing magazine, I was sent a product to test, and I tested it on my Ice reels last year. THe stuff was amazing, it made my cheap reels real freely and it made my expensive ones even smoother. Its a "dry" lubricant that is applied with a liquid applicator. I dont know where you can find it localy, but you should be able to get it quickly if you order it online. The stuff is called Xtreme Reel +. If you Gooogle it you sould be able to find it.

Hope it helps and works for you.

ShawnnYB

I bought a huge bottle of this stuff called XTreme Reel + about 3 years ago.. I have treated about 30 of my summer reels with the stuff, and probably 15 ice reels, and still have a half bottle left.. The stuff is magic. Cant explain it.. Its crazy.. not even sure if its still being made.. So I aint sharing it with nobody!

Okay I got around to the Xtreme Reel+ and it works very well for getting ball bearings running and even for handles that just have bushings. About the worst thing about thise stuff is the bottle with it's horrible applicator nozzle. I get the lubricant all over everything else before I can even hit my target. Granted applying to handles is easy but trying to get to a ball bearing in the reel is almost like a surgical procedure.