• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stocking results for the TC Chapter of MI 11/20./2008

Shawn Kellett

Here's what we have stocked so far. Every fish has been tagged with a floy and a pit tag to be used in some studies in the years to come. The money to stock these fish came from the Hugh C Becker fund and the Twin Cities Chapter fundraisers.

White Bear:

287 Fingerlings

Tonka:

35 Yearlings

300 Fingerlings

Bald Eagle:

69 Fingerlings

183 Yearlings

We're still hoping to get some more yearlings for Minnetonka this year before everything is all said and done. Time will tell if our suppliers can get us any. I have communicated our need for more yearlings to the suppliers in MN and there should be an abundance of them for next year.

Thanks to all that have supported our fundraisers! Our club strives to put the money we make back into the resource and it's really paying off.

thanks for your effort's chapter #1. i'll set a little something aside for you next year to show my support.

so Shawn, i have a question. what's the limit on the amount of time a muskie can be raised in a rearing environment other than lakes without risk of stuntings?

Smeese, If you ever catch a fish that is tagged in MN you should report it to the DNR. If you go to their web page they have a form where you can enter the data. I haven't ever caught a fish with a tag in it so I'm not entirely sure of the process. We'll have a couple years to figure it out before these guys start showing up I'm going to guess.

As far as stunting, it really boils down to the abundance of food and water quality. On of our rearing ponds put out 350 28-32" fish a few years ago. They reached that size in 4-5 years which is about the norm for a lake. The forage wasn't that big in there so it's possible they hit the wall at that point, but who knows.