• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i kicked a buck off his bed, now what?

i kicked a buck off his bed this morning with my truck. he was bedded down with a doe, he got up first. when he got up, i stopped, got out, and grabbed my bow. then the doe got up and they jumped the ditch they were near, casually trotted 30 yards away and turned to look at me for a few seconds. then they trotted off.

my questions are, will he come back? how soon should i go back? how long should i wait to go back? do i hunt that bedding site or somewhere else? can i go back this afternoon or will he bed down somewhere else?

thanks.............

Needle in a haystack at this point.

He was probably tending that doe and will follow her until he gets what he wants, then move on to the next.

Chances are if the "bedding area" was close enough to a drive, its not really a bedding area - just a spot they laid down in.

Spend time in the area but don't focus on that one sole spot. He'll likely be in the area for a while but if you stay on that spot, chances are you'll just be replaying the memory in your head and hoping a dream comes true.

IMO, deer don't care much about vehicles but they do when they see people get out of them.

Good luck and I hope you do catch up to him again. grin