Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ssendek

Electric Auger

6 posts in this topic

How do the electic augers compare to the power augers? price? speed? weight?

Thank you

Electric augers are cheaper (slightly), and lighter. But you do sacrifice speed and power. It is also harder to tote around a battery to every hole you want to drill. Most people who have electric augers use them for drilling holes in their fish houses. There is no exhaust and they fit into tight corners easier. Personally, I think gas is the most practical for most ice fishing purposes.

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com

If you only fish in a permenent house they are nice. No noise, no exhaust fumes, and no gas. However, if you are drilling all day, with out a doubt, a gas auger is the way to go!

If you only fish in a permenent house they are nice. No noise, no exhaust fumes, and no gas. However, if you are drilling all day, with out a doubt, a gas auger is the way to go!

If you only fish in a permenent house they are nice. No noise, no exhaust fumes, and no gas. However, if you are drilling all day a gas auger is the way to go. They are a bit cheaper, but, in my opinion, not cheap enough to make a substancial difference.

If you only fish in a permenent house they are nice. No noise, no exhaust fumes, and no gas. However, if you are drilling all day, a gas auger is the way to go. They are a bit cheaper, but, in my opinion, not cheap enough to make a substancial difference.