• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fig Rig Sold?

hanso612

I stopped at Gander today and saw that they had fig rig rods on sale. I got home and looked them up. They are currenttly being sold.

Anybody know if they still honor their counter warranty.

I also saw Gander pulling a fast one. They had the 8 foot trolling rods marked ar 49 down from 69, but when I checked the fig rig HSOforum the price of these rods has been 49 all year.

Anybody know what's happening to the company? Hans

just sounds like a retailer selling them in their marketing program, I am sure no one has ever marked things up and sold them at regular price to give the perception of a great deal...that is just simple marketing....on the fig rigs, they are being sold and last I heard no major company is plannning on aquiring them

Fig Rig, not worth the weight in graphite. Sorry to say... I thought they were the real deal for a musky rod. I was proven wrong. Since they are ought of business, I think my comments are not really bashing this product. They had the look and feel of a great rod, but have not stood the test of time for many fisherman...

Fig Rig, not worth the weight in graphite. Sorry to say... I thought they were the real deal for a musky rod. I was proven wrong. Since they are ought of business, I think my comments are not really bashing this product. They had the look and feel of a great rod, but have not stood the test of time for many fisherman...

Agreed

I got a question. How many of these muskie rods broke on you guys???? I had 4 break in 3 years, all on hook sets. My girlfriend this summer broke one on a weed. They all broke at the same spot!!! I would call them up and they would say they have never had a problem with those rods. Then they would send me a new one. I no longer will use those rods!!!!

I must have got some good ones then. 4 years on one rod and 2 on another. They have done everything expected but I also adhered to the ratings on them and took care of them. I will continue to use them.

Sounds like I should be able to get some deals on Fig Rig's that others won't use anymore...send 'em my way!!!

This is a never ending debate, the long and short of it as there were batches of great rods and alot of batches of Sh*tty ones. I have been very lucky, the 5 Figs I have are great and have been beat on pretty good and caught alotta fishies over the last 4 years. I have an 8 ft Hvy that throws big rubber all year and I am just waiting for it to snap on a hookset, but it never does. I have seen a few break but they were just always someone elses......lucky me I guess.

Fig Rig has been sold. My 7'-6" 18-month old "Tooth Tamer" rod broke just below the fifth ferrule last week, August 28. I called the number and was told Tooth Tamers had been sold. I left my name and number with the promise that "someone" the buyer would be in touch. We'll see if the new owner honors the warranty.