Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeepguy

Nils hand auger

9 posts in this topic

I have a jiffy 10" auger, which is great, but in the early season when I am walking out on the ice dragging my portable it is a little heavy. I saw that Cabelas sells Nils ice hand augers, and I hear they are better than any other hand auger. Is this true?

I like my laser hand auger but have never used this type you discuss.

Check it out! i am getting one to attach to my ice gator and use as a hand auger!

ive never used a SM Lazer, but own a Nils hand/power auger. they both are shaver types.... with the Nils hand auger, it is very easy to drill through ice, and with ice less than 12 inches thick, you can drill all day.... 60 holes no problem. keep the blades sharp and you will not be disappointed.

pull the trigger and become a believer.

nils hand auger is great! cut through over 3 feet of ice in less than a minute....once you get the hang of its like a hot knife through butta

I have both a 6 inch and 8 inch that I use on my Eskimo powerhead and they cut like butter. I must be to uncoordinated, cuz I cant for the life of me get used to that off set handle style for the hand auger. I dont think I could drill a hole to save my live with it.

I have the 6" hand and it's amazing. You just can't believe how well they cut until you try one.