Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

I own one and absolutely love it!! Shot a 6 pointer with it this year!! Mine is a Winchester model 70 with a Nikon scope. More than enough power for deer!!

i got this caliber in a stainless a-bolt topped with a Nikon. I dont have a BOSS on my gun. I figure I can take a little recoil but a BOSS does help with recoil. put a few moose and deer down with it. I shoot 180 gr Fusion. its about the only gun I ever use. been happy with it.

Dad and I both bought one for elk hunting this year and they performed flawlessly. Here was my reasoning; better ballistics by a whisker, less kick by a little bit and everything else the same as a .300 win mag. the only downside, if you are the kind of guy who needs to buy shells in bugtussle at the hardware store, they might not have them. I am not that type of guy and will always be prepared, thus that was a nonissue for me.

I have a tikka .300 wsm with a nikon on top.First year with it and love it. Shot a 8 point at 200 yds it went 3 ft straight down.I used regular 150g power point winchester ammo.

I use one, have shot several deer with it using a barnes triple shock 165 grains. I love the gun. Have taken it elk hunting but haven't seen one yet to pull the trigger. I got it when it first came out, Model 70 Winchester, and it had a hard rubber recoil pad. The recoil with that was a little harsh but it's fine now that I replaced it with a Pachmayr.

A friend also has the Winchester Model 70 in the 300 WSM. He brought it over to get it sighted in and I didn't think the recoil was too bad. Nice shooting gun and all the gun you could ever want for North American big game.

I was looking recently - you should look at the .300 remington ultra; there are cartridges for this caliber that will mimic a .30-06, 300win and 300 ultra.