Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

1,422 posts in this topic

Well boys and girls, the start of the season is here once again, so everyone can place pictures here from inside the spear house and fish you are holding up outside the fish house. Please make sure that they are clean pictures as we all know that we cant have pictures of fish on the spear.

Please no pictures of fish on the spear.

Look forward to seeing some great photos for the season. Look forward to seeing you all on the ice this winter!

its forum policy not to take the photo with the spear in the fish.

Any questions, please email me.

first fish speared in 2008. hads one blast my beaver creek decoy then about 45 min later this one came cursin thru and came back and looked at the sucker just a little to long.

279.jpg

Atta boy! hopefully i'll be posting something up after this long weekend! we'll see what happens. Good spearing elwood

Thanks for the pix! smile Nice shot also right behind the head and not laugh in the tail. Center tine thru the backbone?

I got another one around 3;45 this after noon and it was alot nice the first one was 28 inches and this one is 34 1/2 around 8lbs. In the imortal words of bruce the shark in findinf nemo I'M EATIN FISH TONIGHT!!! and man was it tastey

5 inches of ice mrklean

308.jpg

Sweet. Nice work, Elwood.

I like the pike placed on the ice block for the pic. Right away you know it's a spearing photo.

My brother in law and I tried Spectacle Lake out this morning.

We went out and had a good time talking but we didn't see any fish.

4 and 3/4 inches of ice just out from the landing. We couldn't get to any good spearing spots but we did obey all posted signs. grin

3064868180_b02ffb6617_b.jpg

I like the last smile picture! It’s not of a speared grin northern to make me feel bad being I can’t cry get out and spear some myself.

I don't know. That looks suspiciously like a swimming cap.

Thats a nice looking decoy. How heavy is that thing, it must have a pound of lead just to get it to sink laugh Did you use it yet?

Thats a nice looking decoy. How heavy is that thing, it must have a pound of lead just to get it to sink laugh Did you use it yet?

It weighs just over 6 lbs.

I am not sure how much lead it has in it.

It was made by MikeDaPike

He said it swims real good.

I have a couple hours now this afternoon, I think I am going to go cut a hole and see if it swims.

The lake I am going to is very cloudy but I will try to make a video if the lake is not to mucked up.

LOL @ Merkman!!! That is funny!!! Congrats on the first fish of the year, i didnt think there was enough ice anywhere to get out. BNS and I will be out in a few weeks, to much stuff going on.

thats forsure!

My plan is to try and get out in a few weekends, but man i have to get all this stuff done before i get in trouble with the wife.

Keep them photos coming!

first pic is what deadly combo I used today

second pic is 29 incher that came to the fake decoy that I made about three yrs ago

third pic is of another pike thats 29 1/2 inhes that came in right after the second pic was taken . I sat down and jigged the decoy once and in he came. this all heppened in about 15min between the first one and the second one.

007.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

no the turf is see eaten grass found a new spot to hunt saw onr last night but no shot was available try again another day.

it happen sooner or later. hopefully sooner