• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

99 XLT Special, power output

kb1965

I own a 99 xlt special, this is the aggressive body style with dual headlights, and I blew the motor in it last winter. I replaced it with a 95 xlt motor that I had. When I use my hand warmers the lights go real dim. Not enough power output from the 95 motor to run everything. What can I do change this? Would changing magneto's increase my wattage? Looking for any suggestions. Thanks,

Kevin

You could try putting the stator and flywheel on the blown motor on the other one and try that. I'm not positive but they might have increased the power on the newer one to be able to run the extra lights on the hood of the aggressive. (Lazer light's) I believe they were called. Just make sure you line up the notch on the stator with the notch on the crankcase when you install it otherwise the timing will be off.