• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scenes from this morning...

Minutes after I left the house, these power lines caught my attention.

IMG_2045-1.jpg

Shorty thereafter, iwas greeted by a dazzling sunrise.

IMG_2054-1.png

Then I spotted this male snowy sitting on the top of a hydro pole.

IMG_2051-1.png

I found this old truck kind of interesting.

IMG_2068-1.png

Last but not least, this flag grass covered in a thick layer of morning frost.

IMG_2076-1.png

Great stuff Stu! Congrats on the new body too. I wish I could get a new body too, some days it really sucks waking up. cry

LMAO

Nice work Stu, I really like the sunrise and the truck is great too, but how did they park it in all that sugary white sand wink

Originally Posted By: mmeyer
Great stuff Stu! Congrats on the new body too. I wish I could get a new body too, some days it really sucks waking up. cry

LMAO

Nice work Stu, I really like the sunrise and the truck is great too, but how did they park it in all that sugary white sand wink

First off, thank you all for your comments, they're much appreciated! grin

I would like to point that my area is buzzing with all sorts of incredible photo opps. at this time. The series that I presented here were far from my favorite place to wander around "Lake Winnipeg". That's the place where that "white sand" is found! grin

Yesterday was more of a local trip. The furthest I drove was over to Oak Hammock Marsh which is approximately ten miles west of where I live. I ventually arrived at Oak Hammock and I was blown away by the presence of approximately a dozen bald eagles "all" sitting precariously up in a small stand of white poplar (or aspen).

Every year many ducks and geese are left behind unable to fly after they revieve a blast of BB shot from some hunters shotgun. I guess those eagles have figured this out and that's why they're there.

Besides bald eagles, Oak Hammock and the surrounding region acts as a MECCA for snowy owls, that the reason I drove over there in the first place. Snowy's are everywhere right now and they'er not overly camera shy.

Here's a female that I captured on my return trip to Oak hammock yesterday afternoon. She sat pearched on top of a road sign and could really careless about my presence. I'll probably take another drive in that direction when I leave the office this morning.

IMG_2141-1.png(What could a guy do with a 600mm) grin?