Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Special

Boar Hunting

9 posts in this topic

There was another topic recently about boar hunting in WI. I was wondering, if we anyone on Fm has every hunter them in WI and would like to share your knowledge.

Thank you

Was gonna a couple years back - they had some about 30 miles east of Eau Claire. DNR guy and buds went out winter time and tracked em down and shot them. Haven't heard any reports about them in the area lately.

Would be a blast, I'll check the DNR HSOforum and see where reports of them have been coming in.

I got some pretty good info from the WI DNR as well, but was hoping to find someone with experience. It would be a blast can't wait to try it someday. If you do, please let me know how it went.

Cooter could you email me? I've foudn out some pretty good info on hog hunting from the WI-DNR.

phillipsengchanh at gmail dot com

The DNR wants them gone.

They can also be found along the south shore.

A janitor at work shot one one year and gave me some meat to try out.

It was pretty good.

However, I hear they are nocturnal.

Anyone have a link to where they are along the south shore? I cannot find anything. I live about 15 miles south of Superior and would love to go looking for them, but Im not just gonna blindly walk thru the woods hoping to spot one....big foot might be easier to find.

Last I heard the south shore pigs got hungry and stacked up right along the fence at the dump in Superior. They shot them all. I hunt whitetail near where they initially escaped (north on Beck's Road off of HWY 13) and there's been no sign of them for a couple of years. It's easy to tell if they've been around because they dig up the ground like crazy looking for grubs to eat.

Wade, I'm on 13 next to Amnicon River Rd. 3 years ago they were plentiful 8-15 in a group, we took 6 off our land. As with NyQuiLlama we have not seen them since that winter, do have a few more wolves around now though too. Wonder if that helped erradicate them.

I don't hear about pig sightings around here anymore. But I do think you would have a better chance of finding a pig or big foot then you do a deer in Wi smile