Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brade04

Gear

14 posts in this topic

I'm going up town sometime this weekend. I have about $180 bucks to spend. I have a flasher and a house and enough equipment. Anyone else reccomend anything?

do you have a rod/reel set up for each type of species?.. Do you 2 for the ones you fish more of?.. Lures?..

new gloves, heater, propane, boots, lights, batteries, fan, minnow bucket, and net, seats for hut, the list goes on.

I would say anything that is necessary and in questionable working condition and cannot be fixed should be tops on the list.

The stuff you always run out of

Batteries

Lighters

spare line

spare propane tank/s

couple MREs incase you forget lunch

zapper lights

needle nose pliers

good ice cleats

big fish handling equipment (hook cutters,grabber tongs/jaw spreaders)

First aid kit.

Ice fishing jacket & bibs ... Helps a LOT! You can get into a set of Vexlar Bibs & Jacket for around $210, if that is too steep, get just the ice fishing bibs for $100. Fleet Farm & Gander carries them.

Portable GPS with lake chip .... New it will be more than $180, but you might be able to find a used one for close to that price.

I'd get the wife or girl friend a nice gift certificate or maybe a day at the spa. That way she can't complain when your gone all weekend fishing. grin

I've got a ton of rods. when panfishing, I take at least 3 or 4 rods. I put different jigs on before hand to what I think will work. Then when I'm fishing I can just switch from one to the other instead of messing with changing jigs so often if needed. I still use the quick snaps but it only takes a few seconds for that fish to show in the fishfinder and be gone while you are caught changing a lure.

Sounds like you have everything you need. Send the money to me. Hee Hee Hee.

That is the way to go in my opinion (but jigs tied directly on) - I usually have 6, since I'm into multi-species fishing. One is always the deadstick.

Only problem is deciding which ones to put on first shocked

my next purchase (other than my gas auger which i hope to get enough xmas money to help me with) is probably gonna be a handheld gps.