Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
swedishpimple

Who is planning to ride more due to low gas prices??

especially when you have to fill a couple at once--I dont make my boys pay, it would take away a lot of the fun factor for them. I will a lot more IF we get the snow!

I don't know if I call $1.95 low, but it sure is better than $3.50! My riding depends solely on the snow. IF its there and decent we will ride, otherwise no...

Since I am newbie to sledding this year, I will be riding 100 times as much as last year smile I just want lots of snow so my wife can enjoy it - if she enjoys then I will be riding even more smile

I would not limit my riding to the price of gas, if theres snow I am riding. we never have a very long season anyway. on the flip side, I ride a cat, and they run on 87 octane. smile

Hey Box, a little tip for a newbie. when taking your wife out make a point to plan shorter trips at first. I made the mistake of taking my wife out with the club on one of her first trips and after an all day 200 mile ride on good trails (not ditch banging) she had a hard time moving around she was so sore. Its a lot harder on a person than you might think. unless you are still teenagers wink

On the plus side she quit giving me a hard time about not wanting to get out of my easy chair after a day of as she put it doing nothing but sitting on a sled all day grin

I sure am glad to see the gas prices lower. It sure will make those 200 mile days easier on the ever shrinking pocket book.

I don't worry about having snow here to ride on. The way I look at it. The first accesory you should buy for a sled is a trailer. I just booked 2 trips to the UP for this winter. One in January and one in Febuary.

Sure would be nice to be able to ride close to home when I'm not gone on a trip.

I just brought my sleds home last weekend. Started them both up and put them in the garage. Nothing like the smell of that 2 stroke.

Hey Box, a little tip for a newbie. when taking your wife out make a point to plan shorter trips at first. I made the mistake of taking my wife out with the club on one of her first trips and after an all day 200 mile ride on good trails (not ditch banging) she had a hard time moving around she was so sore. Its a lot harder on a person than you might think. unless you are still teenagers wink

On the plus side she quit giving me a hard time about not wanting to get out of my easy chair after a day of as she put it doing nothing but sitting on a sled all day grin

Hey IC, good tip. We will be doing that, just some short hops. She actually used to have a sled long ago. We are not teenagers wink and last long trip I went on I actually wore a little elastic back brace and it helped a ton, just to give a bit of added support. But that was over 10 years ago, so the 2002 sleds should be a bit better ride...

BTW - I took my wife goose hunting in a pit one morning. She hasn't wanted to duck/goose hunt with me since wink Too boring for her, ha!

a gallon of oil runs 30 -40 bucks. insane! a belt runs about 80. then there is the tow veicle, how much is spent on comuting a full trailer of sleds. the price to gas the sled is not that important. it always has been a very spendy hobby.

s2h    0

I would not limit my riding to the price of gas, if theres snow I am riding. we never have a very long season anyway.

Same here!

gas was never stop me from riding my sled gas is cheap its the repairs that suck when pay 45 dollars an hour to get them fixed

ya it nice that gas cheaper so it dont cost $70 to fill the 4 wheel drive up anymore

yep, last fuel barge in determines the winter price. This year we got hosed as the price of oil fell right after the last barge. Heating fuel is still higher, 5.95 a gallon.