• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who is planning to ride more due to low gas prices??

swedishpimple

Since I am newbie to sledding this year, I will be riding 100 times as much as last year smile I just want lots of snow so my wife can enjoy it - if she enjoys then I will be riding even more smile

Hey Box, a little tip for a newbie. when taking your wife out make a point to plan shorter trips at first. I made the mistake of taking my wife out with the club on one of her first trips and after an all day 200 mile ride on good trails (not ditch banging) she had a hard time moving around she was so sore. Its a lot harder on a person than you might think. unless you are still teenagers wink

On the plus side she quit giving me a hard time about not wanting to get out of my easy chair after a day of as she put it doing nothing but sitting on a sled all day grin

I sure am glad to see the gas prices lower. It sure will make those 200 mile days easier on the ever shrinking pocket book.

I don't worry about having snow here to ride on. The way I look at it. The first accesory you should buy for a sled is a trailer. I just booked 2 trips to the UP for this winter. One in January and one in Febuary.

Sure would be nice to be able to ride close to home when I'm not gone on a trip.

I just brought my sleds home last weekend. Started them both up and put them in the garage. Nothing like the smell of that 2 stroke.

Hey Box, a little tip for a newbie. when taking your wife out make a point to plan shorter trips at first. I made the mistake of taking my wife out with the club on one of her first trips and after an all day 200 mile ride on good trails (not ditch banging) she had a hard time moving around she was so sore. Its a lot harder on a person than you might think. unless you are still teenagers wink

On the plus side she quit giving me a hard time about not wanting to get out of my easy chair after a day of as she put it doing nothing but sitting on a sled all day grin

Hey IC, good tip. We will be doing that, just some short hops. She actually used to have a sled long ago. We are not teenagers wink and last long trip I went on I actually wore a little elastic back brace and it helped a ton, just to give a bit of added support. But that was over 10 years ago, so the 2002 sleds should be a bit better ride...

BTW - I took my wife goose hunting in a pit one morning. She hasn't wanted to duck/goose hunt with me since wink Too boring for her, ha!

a gallon of oil runs 30 -40 bucks. insane! a belt runs about 80. then there is the tow veicle, how much is spent on comuting a full trailer of sleds. the price to gas the sled is not that important. it always has been a very spendy hobby.

gas was never stop me from riding my sled gas is cheap its the repairs that suck when pay 45 dollars an hour to get them fixed

ya it nice that gas cheaper so it dont cost $70 to fill the 4 wheel drive up anymore