Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
walleyewild

Yippee, got my Led Lights today!!!!!!!!!!

Yippee,Got my LED Lights today (2-48cm and 2-24cm). Yippee, no more propane hangover in the otter from the lantern!!!!!! smile

Now the fun begins, wiring the lights and fan to the switches and battery.

What is a good combination of lights? 1-48 in back, 1-48 over seats and 1-24 on either side of door for entering and hole lighting? Probably more light then what I need but I wanted more then less lights. Can always wear my sunglasses if needed. cool

It is an otter cabin.

WW

I have 2 48cm and 1 96cm lights.I put the 96 on the center pole and 1 of the 48 cm each on the back and front poles of my flipover.All 3 have a separate toggle switch for them.Works great for me.Its like xmas for you today getting your lights.Now you have time before getting on the ice to install them.

I didn't count, but I would say 20???? Lets just say when my buddy came over last night and I showed him the small strip, he said.....REALLY????? I said trust me, these babies are BRIGHT! Zip tied them and the wiring to the middle pole and ran down to one side where I have a skinny Plano spinnerbait box to hold an extra vex battery.....Worked like a charm!

I use a LED back-up light that you would see on a semi trailer or the truck itself. Its a sealed unit with 54 bulbs in it and I used a bracket they sell for it to mount it to trailers as a holder and wired that to the center pole. Its plenty bright and its right in the middle of the house so it lights things up pretty good. I did put another one in the back of the house over the tub to light that space up more for when I am looking for things, but I have that on a switch along with a computer fan also on a switch. These suggestions came off this forum and I think this solution was pretty popular.

Flakemeister there are 24 leds on the 24 cm strip and 48...

I am duly impressed with how bright these lights are. it really s***s that I have to work today or I would be spending the day instlling the lights and fan.

WW

I have 2 48cm strips and 1 96cm strips for my voyager, how are you guys running the wires as so they wont get pinched as the wires on the hk lights are very small?

I just hooked mine up tonight. I only left about a foot of the HK wire attached and soldered and shrink wrapped a curly telephone wire that I had laying around to it. I used electrical tape over each soldered connection and slid the shrink wrapping over it to give it more strength and protection. Definitely use other wires than the HK wires to go down the side of the pole. The tiny wires that come attached to the lights are way too brittle. But the lights work well.

I only left 6" of the wire on that came with them. I used 18 gage speaker wire and soldered and heat shrinked them.

I used cable ties for the lights and wires on the frame, made sure to leave the wires loose around where my poles slide.

Haven't mounted the fan yet am still thinking about a bracket for it. Might have to stop at an office supply store and look for a clear lexan brochure holder to mount the fan on.

WW