• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yippee, got my Led Lights today!!!!!!!!!!

walleyewild

Yippee,Got my LED Lights today (2-48cm and 2-24cm). Yippee, no more propane hangover in the otter from the lantern!!!!!! smile

Now the fun begins, wiring the lights and fan to the switches and battery.

What is a good combination of lights? 1-48 in back, 1-48 over seats and 1-24 on either side of door for entering and hole lighting? Probably more light then what I need but I wanted more then less lights. Can always wear my sunglasses if needed. cool

It is an otter cabin.

WW

I have 2 48cm and 1 96cm lights.I put the 96 on the center pole and 1 of the 48 cm each on the back and front poles of my flipover.All 3 have a separate toggle switch for them.Works great for me.Its like xmas for you today getting your lights.Now you have time before getting on the ice to install them.

I didn't count, but I would say 20???? Lets just say when my buddy came over last night and I showed him the small strip, he said.....REALLY????? I said trust me, these babies are BRIGHT! Zip tied them and the wiring to the middle pole and ran down to one side where I have a skinny Plano spinnerbait box to hold an extra vex battery.....Worked like a charm!

I use a LED back-up light that you would see on a semi trailer or the truck itself. Its a sealed unit with 54 bulbs in it and I used a bracket they sell for it to mount it to trailers as a holder and wired that to the center pole. Its plenty bright and its right in the middle of the house so it lights things up pretty good. I did put another one in the back of the house over the tub to light that space up more for when I am looking for things, but I have that on a switch along with a computer fan also on a switch. These suggestions came off this forum and I think this solution was pretty popular.

I just hooked mine up tonight. I only left about a foot of the HK wire attached and soldered and shrink wrapped a curly telephone wire that I had laying around to it. I used electrical tape over each soldered connection and slid the shrink wrapping over it to give it more strength and protection. Definitely use other wires than the HK wires to go down the side of the pole. The tiny wires that come attached to the lights are way too brittle. But the lights work well.

I only left 6" of the wire on that came with them. I used 18 gage speaker wire and soldered and heat shrinked them.

I used cable ties for the lights and wires on the frame, made sure to leave the wires loose around where my poles slide.

Haven't mounted the fan yet am still thinking about a bracket for it. Might have to stop at an office supply store and look for a clear lexan brochure holder to mount the fan on.

WW