• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Permit to Carry

Chuby Minnow

What is up with Wisconsin, Illinois and Nebraska? Politicians must feel they are above (and more important) than the constitution. From what I can tell, they are the only three states in which it is considered illegal to carry.

Anyone from any of these three states have some history on why residents (or visitors) are not allowed their constitutional rights?

Nebraska does have a process for getting a carry permit. It does not allow non-residents to carry and it also does not allow any other state's permit. I don't know how difficult it is to get a permit there though.

The concealed permit here in SoDak is a painless process. You fill out a simple 4 line application, give them 10 bucks and 3 Days later, after a DCI check the sheriff sends you the permit. 23 states have reciprocity agreements with SoDak. Wisc, Ill & Minn are NOT included. But, again, we are pretty liberal as far as guns are concerned. How many places can you carry a rifle in your pig-up loaded with one in the chamber. After all, ya can't kill anything in short order if the gun is in the trunk and the ammo is in the glove compartment, can ya?

SoDak does not have a reciprocity agreement with MN, but they DO recognize the MN permit. (see SDCL 23-7-7.4). Wisconsin, Nebraska & Iowa, on the other hand, do not wish to allow nonresidents to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights.

Yet another reason I love South Dakota.

Wisconsin is simply too liberal to let CCW happen. Until some rearranging happens in the house, we won't ever see it. I personally pushed hard for it along with many others in this state and almost had a win, but it fell short. Sad that i'm licensed to carry in everyother state that allows it but not in my hometown.