• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clankin rap

TonkaBass

I was at fleet farm in rochester the other night and noticed that they had the new clankin raps in stock. The yellow perch color is awesome looking. The only size they had was a 7/8 oz. which is a little on the heavy size for everyday use, but none the less I cant wait to add some to my box. At $10 a pop though, I think it will be one at a time.

I also read in Bassmaster magazine that the new DT-20 is a metal lipped crankbait. I thought this was basically a dt-16 with a weight in the bill. Does anyone know for sure? Rapala is also releasing a dt-1 crank which is a type of wake bait from what I've read.

Pretty excited for the new baits. They also have a new Gliding bait which should come in handy for negative mood fish early in the year, as well as a new shallow running x-rap shad. I think the 20 is a little bigger than the 16 and yes, it has a metal bill. DT-1 should be very similar to a 1 minus but run a little shallower. But maybe the paint will stay on, unlike the 1 minus.

The images I saw of the DT-20 were of a DT-16 with some metal weights in the bill. Unless they revamped it since ICAST, which is possible. My tackle box will play host to a bunch of the new DT-1 Fats. I think that is my favorite style of crank bait, the little baby shallow runners. Love the reaction strikes I get from them.

The DT-20 is a DT-16 with a round metal piece in the lip to achieve the additional depth. It is a great bait, as the results from a couple of recent FLW events will prove. David Fritts and Terry Bolton were both throwing them last week down at Falcon.

The DT-1 Fat and DT-3 Fat are both awesome baits as well. If you like shallow cranking, you'll love these baits.

There will be some shows coming out this winter showcasing these new baits and the footage is incredible.

You may want to consider asking the government for some bail out money so you can afford all these new baits!